Itunes problems with iphone

geewhizz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My computer crashed and i had to reinstall vista.
I had to download itunes and when i connect my iphone it says my phone is synced with another computer and if i carry on it will wipe my phone clean and install whats on my computer. Now the problem is i dont have a back up of my music or contacts and i dont want to lose them, Is there anything i can do.

Thanks
geewhizz

Did you wipe your machine completely when you did the reinstall?

If so, I think you are out of luck.

You might be able to use something like Anapod Explorer to retrieve your music and (possibly) videos, but I don't think it will do your contacts.

Steve

For now I would select to manually manage your ipod and that way it won't wipe it.

When I lost everything on my computer a year or so ago I used Mediawidget:

Easy iPod Transfer Software – Copy from iPod to iTunes - Transfer from iPod to Computer – Transfer iPod Music, Photo Video, Podcasts – MediaWidget - iPod Access, iPod Copy, iPod-Rip, iPod Sync, iPod Rescue, iPod Backup, iPod Share, Simple

It restored everything (music, videos, playlists, audiobooks etc) to my new pc and imported it all into itunes too.

Worked really well and was very easy. Best £15 or so I ever spent on music. :thumbsup:

The contacts should be fine. Just sync them with outlook (or whatever) again and when requested, choose the option to merge info or replace the info on your pc with the info on your phone (whichever suits you best)!

Sorry guys i am hoping i can get a free program, Does anybody know of any.

Sorry guys i am hoping i can get a free program, Does anybody know of any.

i think the maxim about getting what you pay for might hold true.

I think your suffering from number 2 on the IT techies list of questions:

1. have you tried turning it off and on again?
2. have you backed it up?

8 years ago i lost some stuff and i vowed never to again My music collection is on 3 HD drives - one on the PC, one in a fireproof safe and one kept at my mums house. I've got over a 100Gb's of tunes and i'm not going to lose them. I had one of hard drives die recently and because of the backup it wasn't a problem.

G

no i dont have a back up, uptill now i dont have anything on my computer thats important enough to back up.
Even the music on my iphone is not that important, i can always get it back slowly.
The only thing thats annoying me is my photos , i have some good ones of my kids on it and they are what i really want.

Itunes is a PITA even if you select manage manually it will still try and delete stuff if you want to add more music.I use winamp now.
If you have a jailbroken phone get the swaptunes app it fools itunes into thinking its another phone so you can put more music on without the risk of deletion.

no i dont have a back up, uptill now i dont have anything on my computer thats important enough to back up.
Even the music on my iphone is not that important, i can always get it back slowly.
The only thing thats annoying me is my photos , i have some good ones of my kids on it and they are what i really want.

cant you email the photos to yourself?

G

cant you email the photos to yourself?

G
I came up with that idea today so i emailed all my photos today and have now saved them to my pictures (2hrs = 120 photos)
I did have more but i wittled them down to the ones i wanted.:thumbsup:

I came up with that idea today so i emailed all my photos today and have now saved them to my pictures (2hrs = 120 photos)
I did have more but i wittled them down to the ones i wanted.:thumbsup:

good man you can trash it now and start again :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom