Itunes 'Other Files'

chrisowe

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a 16gb Iphone 4. When I sync it to Itunes it says I have 0.80gb of "other files' contained on it, this seems to be growing every day and they are taking up valuable space.
Anybody know what these files are and how I can get rid of them? I've tried doing a restore but they seem to reappear after a few syncs.

Any ideas?

Mine seems to go up and down with files i put in VLC Viewer to watch so just assume that is some of it along with things like Calendar details etc.

Mine seems to go up and down with files i put in VLC Viewer to watch so just assume that is some of it along with things like Calendar details etc.

Really? I would have thought that VLC content would be under video? The two films I have in CineXPlayer are counted in video on mine. :confused:

Really? I would have thought that VLC content would be under video? The two films I have in CineXPlayer are counted in video on mine. :confused:
I think so.....i would have assumed it would either be under Other Files or Apps as to add videos to VLC you do it on the Apps page.

I think so.....i would have assumed it would either be under Other Files or Apps as to add videos to VLC you do it on the Apps page.

You put videos in CineX the same way, but it is definitely accounted for under video (1.27GB) rather than other (0.45GB) in my iphone summary in itunes.

I'm sure I remeber reading somewhere it was data and stuff like saved games used by your apps. Could be totally wrong though:)

I've got a 16gb Iphone 4. When I sync it to Itunes it says I have 0.80gb of "other files' contained on it, this seems to be growing every day and they are taking up valuable space.
Anybody know what these files are and how I can get rid of them? I've tried doing a restore but they seem to reappear after a few syncs.

Any ideas?

It is that massive location tracking file that steve jobs personally reads to see what you have been up to :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom