1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itunes on to my hd3 possible??

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by Ryanmixu, May 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ryanmixu

Ryanmixu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    used to have an ipod and swaped it some time ago for a hd3 but purchased around 80 itunes in about the space of about a week only to have my ipod fail and after a bit of arguing with apple and comet finally got them to replace my pod after the hassle i had last thing i wanted was another ipod so went for the hd3 best move ever far as im concerened only prob being these 80i tunes i bought a ipod shuffle but really not using it at all it stores are these 80 or so songs but i want everything on the one player since thats the whole point any1 have any ideas about how i could do this pretty sure a read something on this before but cant seem to find it any help would be great

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I'm assuming you've bought these songs from the iTunes music store?

There MAY be a better way of doing this. I'm not sure. But this is what I did:
    For 80 tracks it is going to take a long time, but I re-recorded all of the songs I wanted. In other words, I pressed Play in iTunes and Recorded them with another program. I then had perfect copies in .WAV format which I could convert to ATRAC3 or MP3 in SonicStage.

For Win XP:
    Go to Control Panel and make sure you're in "Classic" view. Go to Sounds & Audio Devices. Click "Advanced" under Device Volume. You'll get the Volume Control box.
    Go to Options > Properties. Click "Recording".

Now you need to find an option that lets you record whatever sound is currently playing. Your sound card might not have this option, sadly. Mine is a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2, and it does have it - for me, it's called "What U Hear" but the name should be obvious. Check the box and click OK. Now "What U Hear" (or whatever it's called for you) will appear as an option in the Recording Volume Control. Check the box under it so it's Selected. Close the Volume Control.

Get the latest version of Goldwave (www.goldwave.ca). It's a sound recording program. Don't use Windows Sound Recorder because it's very limited. Run Goldwave, and on the first screen you'll have to enter the time of the file you want to make. Enter the running time of the track. Give it a few extra seconds to be safe.

Now before you start recording, make sure you close any other programs that make sound like MSN Messenger. Also make sure you have system sounds (like a noise when you click the Start menu) turned off too. Remember this is going to record EVERYTHING.

Now all you have to do is press record on Goldwave, hop over to iTunes and start the song playing. Watch as Goldwave laps up all the sound. Once you're done, save the file in .WAV format and import it to SonicStage and convert it.

.....................or you could just redownload all the songs ;)

3. Ryanmixu

Ryanmixu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    thanks for that will give it a go.

4. karate_kid

karate_kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try dbpoweramp It should solve your problem and convert Apple AAC (what you have) to MP3

5. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    ^ Much better suggestion. Thanks for that link. BUT - one problem - it probably won't work with encrypted songs, so if you've bought stufff from the music store you'll have to do the Re-Recording method.

6. karate_kid

karate_kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot about that DRM stuff, I'm not sure what the board policy is for posting links that break DRM but I'll mention JHymn and then duck and run for cover :)