iTunes Movies and general Apple TV chat

not got an apple tv yet so how will i watch these. Just sign into us account when i get a box.

You can’t watch them, well you can but you won’t be able to use your UK AppleID on your computer again for 90 days.
6BA55D

Last edited:
That is my ultimate goal yes. So from my understanding, i can switch to USA account on phone or MacBook. Redeem code and then sign into my apple TV when I get it with US account and my purchases will be there but I cannot view them anywhere else ie MacBook or phone. So if I want to view any UK purchases I have via my UK account then I just sign into that and it will play those aswell. Am I correct with that statement?

That is my ultimate goal yes. So from my understanding, i can switch to USA account on phone or MacBook. Redeem code and then sign into my apple TV when I get it with US account and my purchases will be there but I cannot view them anywhere else ie MacBook or phone. So if I want to view any UK purchases I have via my UK account then I just sign into that and it will play those aswell. Am I correct with that statement?

Yes after 90 days on that device only

sorry if i'm being stupid but are you saying once you sign in to apple tv say with USA account then you cant switch to a UK account until 90 days have elapsed? this is the bit i'm confused about
Yes after 90 days on that device only

You can sign in and redeem codes browse the store but when you go to play anything on that device it’ll say about the 90 days warning

sorry if i'm being stupid but are you saying once you sign in to apple tv say with USA account then you cant switch to a UK account until 90 days have elapsed? this is the bit i'm confused about

No that only applies to a Mac,PC & iPhone, you can still playback on an AppleTV.

The mad thing is, the Apple TV remembers your UK and USA accounts and let’s you switch in a matter of 5 seconds - it wasn’t always like that on the earlier ATVs. It’s great now

ok but signed into my USA account on iphone and when i tried to watch one of my USA purchases it gave me the same message about transfer that i put screenshot up above. This is whats thrown me.

Do you have a spare (ish) phone or PC that you can try your new films out on for 90 days?

ok thats good to hear so should be no issue then flicking between the two UK/USA on Apple TV. Thats what i wanted to hear. Got there in the end - Thanks to all for your help.

ok but signed into my USA account on iphone and when i tried to watch one of my USA purchases it gave me the same message about transfer that i put screenshot up above. This is whats thrown me.

Easy answer is use the phone and Mac to redeem codes and use the Apple tv to watch them.

Do you have a spare (ish) phone or PC that you can try your new films out on for 90 days?
I don't unfortunately but its a shame that i cant watch on iphone as not worried about watching on macbook as will be the apple TV getting the main useage

My Mac at work is signed in on the USA store because I never actually play anything on it

The mad thing is, the Apple TV remembers your UK and USA accounts and let’s you switch in a matter of 5 seconds - it wasn’t always like that on the earlier ATVs. It’s great now

I just hope they don’t change this at some point, if they do it’s gonna be a bummer but no great loss for me as I’ve got both an ATV3 and ATV4 so can always have one for US and the other for UK.

i changed country to US and went to tv programmes and chose a free one. Then did create account and that shows none for payment. if you just try to create an account without a free purchase it will only show you payments and there is no none
I’m was going by that link how to create a us account but it says when you get to payment option click none but that isn’t there.

yeah the key is that you select a free item - just pick any free tv show and goto sign in and create account and carry on from there and it will show none

I just hope they don’t change this at some point, if they do it’s gonna be a bummer but no great loss for me as I’ve got both an ATV3 and ATV4 so can always have one for US and the other for UK.
To be honest those US prices are so good i think i would mainly use it in us account. Just paid £5.30 for 3 good films that are all 4K. one and only bargain I've bought from UK store was Kingsman for £3.99

I know you’ve had some hassle but now you have a very cool set up when you get your Apple TV. The US rental period has just changed to 48 hours this week the last 10 years it’s been 24 hours. The selection is bigger and earlier and there is different stuff on the UK and US stores one isn’t really better than the other anymore.

I know you’ve had some hassle but now you have a very cool setup when you get your Apple TV. The US rental period has just changed to 48 hours this week the last 10 years it’s been 24 hours. The selection is bigger and earlier and there is different stuff on the UK and US stores one isn’t really better than the other anymore.
Not so much hassle just going into the unknown but with the good people of this forum got there in the end. I can see that I'm gonna be scouring the web for cheap codes from now on lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom