iTunes Movies and general Apple TV chat

So got my 4K UHDs of the Resident Evil Collection today from the US of A.

Needed 3 of the codes but have codes for Re1, Afterlife & Final Chapter needing good homes.

First regular to reply gets them as usual for free . MA redemption.

cheers!

Great gesture.

Glad to know that you are not FalconEPL lol.

Thank you very muchly @Samv0808
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 18.55.22.png

Most annoying things about blu-ray.com:

1. Sellers who don't bother replying to you (I had 3 of these yesterday alone - I actually now think one of those was the star wars prequel trilogy bought by @Walnuts :) ).

2. Spotting from sellers' feedback that certain prominent high priced sellers (like FalconEPL) are buying up the super cheap codes from others on sale at $3.50 or $4, and (re)selling them for $9.99. People like that should be banned really, though I guess they would then start using a separate burner account for purchases

On the whole though I've saved tons using it
Really don’t understand why they use that stupid PM system especially when so many sellers don’t even bother responding. Also had a couple of sellers trying to add fees after a sale has been agreed which is against their rules.

Gameflip - some of the sellers offering heavy discounts have disappeared. Max discount on US card I am seeing is 11% and it's from a questionable seller who has a recent bad feedback which says Apple banned his account as he was issued with a fraudulent code. Think I am done with Gameflip.

Really don’t understand why they use that stupid PM system especially when so many sellers don’t even bother responding. Also had a couple of sellers trying to add fees after a sale has been agreed which is against their rules.

I report sellers who try to bend the rules, it's happened a few times.

Some sellers accept Amazon Gift Card email delivery but you need to ask them This is better than paying via PayPal which charges ridiculous fees (30p plus 5%).

You can now see early Black Friday codes popping in. Got Doctor Sleep. Redeems on MA and has both cuts on DV DA.

There are reports that Vudu has stopped allowing non-US paypal accounts for payment.

There are reports that Vudu has stopped allowing non-US paypal accounts for payment.

I hope Apple doesn't follow suit. At least I got all non Lionsgate and non Paramount films available on MA.

I hope Apple doesn't follow suit. At least I got all non Lionsgate and non Paramount films available on MA.
Apple already doesn’t allow payment from none US payment methods.
I’d guess nothing will change unless they suddenly decide to discontinue iTunes gift card credit.

Also seen posters state US buyers only what’s that all about?

I recently picked up a few codes on bluray.com - all of gone fine, apart from one person who worded his listing as “should redeem in 4k“ and when it didn’t (I had checked to see how it would redeem, rather than redeem it) he would not change it for another code and was having none of it and shouting “why would you think it would redeem in 4k?“, interestingly he then removed the heading ”should redeem in 4k”.

I presumed that everyone would want fees paid, so every transaction I have done has been adding £0.99. It’s not clear though?

I recently picked up a few codes on bluray.com - all of gone fine, apart from one person who worded his listing as “should redeem in 4k“ and when it didn’t (I had checked to see how it would redeem, rather than redeem it) he would not change it for another code and was having none of it and shouting “why would you think it would redeem in 4k?“, interestingly he then removed the heading ”should redeem in 4k”.

I presumed that everyone would want fees paid, so every transaction I have done has been adding £0.99. It’s not clear though?

Did you report him to a mod? I think it's part of the rules no friends and family on Paypal so you don't need to cover their fees.

1. Before you redeem any MA code, always logout and check if redeems in 4K.
2. Never pay using family and friends as you end paying more as PP charges flat fee.
3. If seller expects say $X net, you need to send X multiplied by 0.05 plus 0.30 (for goods and services, this way you are protected)
4. If it's a seller you usually buy from then on trust basis, you can pay as Amazon GC or F&F.

2. Never pay using family and friends as you end paying more as PP charges flat fee.
3. If seller expects say $X net, you need to send X multiplied by 0.05 plus 0.30 (for goods and services, this way you are protected)
4. If it's a seller you usually buy from then on trust basis, you can pay as Amazon GC or F&F.

Sellers are not allowed to ask for net payments.

Thanks both, I have been overpaying then!

Correct. Most of them list with the fee added. But once you pay, they will notice the reduced amount received due to cross border payment and fees and question you. So if we are transparent about it upfront then you can add the additional fees or negotiate with the seller to find other means to end up in a win-win situation. I know rules are rules but common-sense comes first.

Correct. Most of them list with the fee added. But once you pay, they will notice the reduced amount received due to cross border payment and fees and question you. So if we are transparent about it upfront then you can add the additional fees or negotiate with the seller to find other means to end up in a win-win situation. I know rules are rules but common-sense comes first.
That’s thrown a spanner in the works as well - according to rules if something is (for example) $4 then you pay them $4 - they have to incur the fees?

That’s thrown a spanner in the works as well - according to rules if something is (for example) $4 then you pay them $4 - they have to incur the fees?

Yes it stops people from faffing around with working out costs. Seller has to calculate fees into their final price.

I think if you sent $4 as goods from US PayPal account, I don't think they will bother. Problem creeps in when you send from non-US account. They receive amount 30 cents and 2-3% of the agreed amount less.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom