Itunes media folder...empty.

malk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Got a bit of a strange situation with my itunes occuring..
Ok, ive got approx 55gb of music in my 2011 imac...i use itunes match, which works totally fine, on my iphone, no problems there all my music is accesible.
The music on my imac, which i thought was in the usuall place, itunes media folder, but theres nothing there,.
When i open up itunes, all the album art is there, yet when i try to click on an album, nothing happens, no option to download, a couple of times ive gotten the" cant find the media, would i like to locate", i click no, and it plays anyway, but thats only on a few tracks.
I thought, as i have itunes match, it would play, from my imac, like it does the phone, or at least give me an option to download my library.
In the "about this mac" it does say there is 56gb of audio, but i cant see where it is...
Im a bit confused about this as up untill i upgraded to yosemite, all was ok...
What can i do?

An equivalent to the excellent TreeSize software that you get on Windows would help you find exactly where this 56GB has gone. I believe there are few Mac alternatives to this. A quick google should find a few.

Ok, tried an app called Disk inventory X, it showed me all that is on my mac,...no music.,well, a bit, but nowhere near 50 odd GB, .
I opened up itunes, switched to Songs, so its like a list, of all songs, i selected a song, and went for the "show in finder", its now in core services/menuExtras/Volume.menu/Contents/resources/ca.lproj/ax.strings.
Blimey, whats going on?
Ive a feeling that somehow, all my music has been totally obliterated to weird parts on my mac.
(headache incoming)

mmmmm, so, i clicked on the "remove download", it created the little cloud logo, so im hoping if i do this to all my songs, it should give me the option to listen to from the cloud.
It looks like ill need to do a clean install, if ive got what is supposed to music in strange places, then that is pure wasted GB.
If there is a way i can get to these corupted files, then i can delete them, .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom