iTunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode

chrispycrutch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help please.

My Niece switched her 3GS 8GB phone on this morning and the apple came up like usual but instead of going to the lock screen like normal it went to a screen with a usb and an arrow to the itunes symbol saying connect to itunes, she connected it to itunes and itunes recognised the phone was plugged in but came up with a message saying "itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode you must restore this iphone before connecting to itunes.", and the only option it gives is to restore the phone to factory settings. so she thought she'd go into her computer and get her photos off before restoring it but the phone isnt showing up in 'my computer' like it normally does.

Sadly she hasn't backed up the phone and will lose a lot of photo's if she does a restore first.

Is your question "Is there a way to get data off iPhone that is in recovery mode?" sorry if I don't answer correctly.

In my experience if the phone is in recovery mode, you've lost the data.

BUT.... If the phone was working previously it could just be the battery is dead, so leave it on charge overnight, unplug it and then hold the power button and home button at the same time until it reboots, it MIGHT boot up and all will be fine.

Again, if the phone was working there are solutions that MAY get you out of the rut - Security Sauce: Saving the data on an iPhone in Recovery Mode

This site says there is an application that MIGHT be able to get the phone out of recovery and get data off it, it's worth a shot.

Andy

Will TinyUmbrella work on a non-jailbroken iPhone?

Thanks for the replies chap's, phone sadly is completeley dead or should I say stuck in recovery mode. Sadly not backed up and with hundreds of photo's/ music/ messages etc on.

Many thanks again

You'll not loose anything it only kicks the phone out of recovery mode

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom