iTunes Gapless iPod Gaps

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by PJTX100, Mar 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    What has surprised me is how effective the crossfade option is within iTunes. Tick it and it plays gapless beautifully. Yet on the iPod a clunking quarter of a sec gap or something. Why don't they implement this gapless feature on the iPod itself?

2. eyeballKid

eyeballKid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Is this a really-new-in-the-last-few-days version of iTunes? Because everything up to v6 has always been a bit useless (apple repeatedly not being able to figure out how to do gapless). Granted, crossfading at 0 secs IS better than normal apple gappyness (not really a solution though), but your obvious trade-off is that tracks which should start with a bang er, don't, fading in instead. Another example of apple not wanting/caring about whether their software reproduces the music you feed in...

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Good point, I've not tested it on pieces like that, must give it a go. Only tried it on more subtle transitions for which it seems to work very well.

4. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i :censored: well hate that quarter second gap on my dancefloor mixes! What is the point of seamless mixing if you suddenly get an almighty stop and go which is not synched??? Defeats the very purpose of seamless mixing...:mad:
    [Mod comment - Edited by JohnG, please don't user variations of swear words that are usually picked up by the swear filter]