Itunes an Alternative ?

jerryq7777

I really hate itunes :mad: i dunno if ive been brainwashed my microsoft or what but i just cant get on with the soddin thing :lesson:
Is there an alternative that i can use ? What are others using ?

jerryq7777

I will give mediamonkey and winamp a try.Seems im not the only one who hates itunes :eek:

thefragile

its strange as i turned my back on winamp and went to itunes cus i thought winamp was rubbish....

each to their own i guess.

the trick with itunes is to turn all the 'genius' stuff off.

jerryq7777

Gary D

Distinguished Member
its strange as i turned my back on winamp and went to itunes cus i thought winamp was rubbish....

each to their own i guess.

the trick with itunes is to turn all the 'genius' stuff off.
Why do you turn Genius off? i love genius, i find it genuinely useful. I've got 1500 tracks on my 16gb and it throws together some lovely playlists.

as you say each to their own.

I too hate itunes but i find this helps...

• Turn off all automatic updates and disable any auto functions it may have over the device.
  • Create a folder on your system somewhere and call it iphone or something.
  • create sub folders Music, pictures, videos.
  • into those directories copy all the the things that you want on your iphone.
  • Ensure that the iphone only syncs with those folders
With that setup i find iTunes liveable. My main media library is controled by Media centre and i would never dream of letting itunes near it, as far as iTunes is concerned it doesn't exist :D

G

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom