iTunes 10.1 not detecting my iPhone 4

King Mustard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
  • The Apple Mobile Device service is set to Automatic and is currently Started.
  • iTunes itself seems to load fine.
  • There are no driver problems according to Device Manager.
  • DiskAid tells me "An error occured while initiating iTunesMobileDevice.dll" and "It seems that you don't have iTunes installed. You have to have iTunes installed."
  • I have used the Repair function in Programs and Features for the iTunes installation - it hasn't changed anything.

I am trying to avoid uninstalling and installing iTunes in case I lose anything.

Any ideas?

sorry but I would defintely start by reinstalling itunes. Had this before myself. I have never lost anything during this but like you does worry me.

sorry but I would defintely start by reinstalling itunes. Had this before myself. I have never lost anything during this but like you does worry me.
I moved the iTunes and Playlists folders from My Music to a different fodler, uninstalled every Apple product, reinstalled iTunes + QuickTime, moved the two folders back to My Music (overwriting the library files iTunes just installed there) then shift+clicked the iTunes shortcut to select my old Library.

Worked a treat, lost nothing. Everything appears to sync fine.

For some reason the latest version of iTunes doesn't seem to like my pc. AMD 64 bit processor with Windows 7. De-installed/re-installed etc. with no joy. Ended up having to sync with my 32 bit Windows 7 laptop to get the iphone software upgraded. Hassle, hassle!!

Also King Mustard, remember you can store your iTunes library anywhere you like, and tell iTunes to choose your library by holding down shift when double clicking, this will then ask you to locate and choose your library to open (remembers after that). That way when you delete iTunes from your pc, or use a different pc, you won't affect your library file.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom