It'subber time

yimpster

Ok chaps,

Here's the kit Den 2802 amp, Kef Q1's at the front, Q9c centre, Q2ds at the rear. Now all i need is a sub to top it all off.

I've heard good reviews on both the REL Quake and the MJ Acoustics Ref 100.

I'd firstly like it to be wife friendly and match the rest of Kef maple kit and preferrably to be had for under 350 squid.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Cheers

Adam

engaged

I've got the 2803, with Monitor Audio Radius speakers in beech veneer - went for the Reference 100 as it is also available in beech to match the MA Radius speakers. AFAIK, the Quake is black, silver or cherry only. Wood finish on the Reference 100 does bring it up to the £400 mark, though.

Reference 100 does look very handsome and has fitted in very well with the rest of the furniture and the new carpet; would be happy to post a pic but it is beech rather then maple - not too unlike it though.

Oh yes, and the system meets all known Wife Standards™.

(Wife Standards™ have been known, however, to change at any point in time, for any reason whatsoever.)

Respectamonkeee

Standard Member
Originally posted by engaged
Oh yes, and the system meets all known Wife Standards™.

(Wife Standards™ have been known, however, to change at any point in time, for any reason whatsoever.)
:rotfl:

yimpster

ROTFL...very good mate. I'd totally agree with the wife statement.

Any other opinions be they good or bad about the 2 subs in mention?

Cheers

Adam

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by yimpster
Any other opinions be they good or bad about the 2 subs in mention?
Quality subs under £350 are very few and far between. I have heard the REL Quake at an exhibition and didn't like it making the comment at the time that the music sounded much better when they switched it off.

I haven't heard the MJA Ref 100 but have heard it's younger brother the Pro 50 which I thought was much more impressive.

I don't suppose that many dealers stock both brands as it seems to be either or but they will both be in adjoining rooms at the Brostol show if you can get down there for a listen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom