1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's toooo difficult!!! I only want a 32" TV!!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by kev_gordon, Jan 14, 2002.

1. kev_gordon

kev_gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeez! This is impossible! I want a 32" widescreen TV. £800-£1200. Picture quality a priority (when funds allow amp and surround speakers will follow).

Every model that I've chosen as 'the one', has subsequently been scratched off the list.

It's impossible! It's driving me nuts!

I think I'm gonna choose the Philips 32PW9576 (platinum coloured model with the 'built-in' stand - same set as the 9556 & 9576), simply because no one seems to have mentioned it at all in these forums yet.

So there are no good reviews, but hey! there are no bad ones either!!!

Yes, I'm gonna choose that one, the Philips 32PW9576....... unless someone has an opinion....

(I'm still gonna be trying to choose next Xmas!)

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The very best of luck Kev!!! I've had sleepless nights and spent hours trying to choose the right TV, and when I did . . . well . . . suffice to say 3 TV's later I am now on my 4th to be delivered on Wednesday. It's a nightmare isn't it. And it shouldn't be. It should fun choosing and receiving a new TV. Perhaps the manufacturers just think we need more entertainment . . . ;)

3. Jockey

Jockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, hopefully you'll get a reply. I saw the same model (philips 32pw-9576c ???) in John Lewis and was also hoping for some feedback on it. If we don't get any replies we can just buy one each and moan about its shortcomings to each other on the forum. Nice design, 100hz, cool. 1349 of your British pounds, including the stand (which I don't need).

Carol, let us know how you get on with the JVC. Liked the look of that one too.

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have been in the same boat for about three months...

I'm slowly getting so tired of crap CRT TV's - and also over so much time steadily saving up enough money - that I'm thinking of going for a projection TV :D !

However, this may prove awkward as I am living with my parents and a projection TV could well take over my bedroom :rolleyes: .

Oh well... roll on full time employment and a chance to move out, and a 100hz, 40"+ projection it's going to be. Sweet.

5. kev_gordon

kev_gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pointon.... keep saving buddy! Soon you'll have enough for plasma and will be the envy of us all (still with our old sets trying to decide which new 16:9 set to go for....)