It's Too Small

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Artie Fufkin, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    We used to have a 48" 4:3 CRTRPTV but womanly pressure during a room makeover made me look at a wall mounted alternative. I ended up with a 42" PW7 and, as fabulous as the picture quality is, the screen is too small.

We have had this panel now for nearly 6 months but I just cannot help remembering the screen area which I had before. She thinks it's perfect; a big improvement over the big box in the corner [it was a big box to be honest, and I don't think I would like to return to that kind of dinosaur technology now - TVs are surely destined to be flat]. However, I guess what I'm saying is I wish I could have afforded a 50".

Size matters and even more so after one has experienced it and then loses it. Would I swap the 42" with it's great pic for the 48" size?...Probably not - I would think that if I were to see them side by side, the old CRT would look awful.

Will someone let me know when a great 50" plasma comes along under a grand, thanks. :smashin:

2. bobsplace

bobsplace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    why not add a projector and drop down scren for that big screen feel and keeping the plasma for day to day TV best of both worlds!

4. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I know many people do the plasma and projector thing and that's great for them, but tbh, I am missing the size in everything I watch, not just movies.

I know there is no solution for me at the moment; I suppose I was just having a bit of a grumble out loud.