• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Its time to change

Omits

Established Member
i have had a Panasonic 22" TV for 7 yrs now and the VCR is as old and paired together with Vierra link technology. I am not happy with the operation as the VCR is pretty dumb when it comes to working with the TV and takes an age to boot also some operations seem to make the pair mutually exclusive.

Anyone suggest other makes which pair nicely the TV and VCR and perhaps the newer panasonics are better (I know they use just the HD cable now w/o the need for a scart)? Thanks.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I think you've probably missed the boat on that one. I had a quick scan but I couldn't see any VCRs made by the major TV manufacturers.

If it's mostly home videos you're watching then I'd consider digitizing them. If you're using it for recording then you definitely want to move onto a newer technology.

Omits

Established Member
Yes, I do want to record programs on the recorder he'd. I probably did not use the correct terminology I.e. NOT a VCR just a recorder.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom