It's the end of the world... tomorrow!

partyweb

Novice Member
Should I lie down and put a paper bag over my head then?

Hmm, 2006/08/22

(2+6)*8-22=42 !!! (looks like DNA was right then. :D )

J

jason5_k

You know he's probably right, my GCSE results are out tomorrow, there's no telling how my mum will react if I do badly...........

RMCF

mmahmed said:
Tomorrow it seems (according to Bernard Lewis, a famous Islamic scholar), is the end of the world!
When he is proved to be wrong, will he **** off out of it and leave us all alone?

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
given i have a hangover already from drinking watching summerslam the previous side of midnight...i'd say its happened :(

Steve.EX

Novice Member
Both a light bulb blowing and a dropped cup of coffee has occured tomight.
Maybe there is something to it?

pave

Banned
Still here...:eek: ...Guess its tomorrow then...

OldAndSenile

Novice Member
Jeez... I can't believe how impatient you lot are!! It's only 7 hours into the last day of existence, and you're getting itchy feet already?

Give them some time - this kind of think takes a lot of preparation and planning - there's time zones to think about, and the horsemen have got to groom their horses.

Saying that, if I'm not burning in eternal damnation by 11:30 this evening, I shall be writing a strongly worded letter to the aforementioned horsemen about their tardyness to ensure it doesn't happen again.:lesson:

krish

Distinguished Member
partyweb said:
Should I lie down and put a paper bag over my head then?

Hmm, 2006/08/22

(2+6)*8-22=42 !!! (looks like DNA was right then. :D )
just make sure you have a few pints, and loads of peanuts
- probably best get dressed too

;)

Drd

And don't forget your towel.Damn,I've left mine at home this morning.

mason

well if today is going to be my last day on earth then Im going home. Im not spending any more time here at work..... goodbye!!:D

drskhaled

Novice Member
I'm still here perhaps by lunch we'll all be dead. Jokes aside an interesting article about HIS fears about Iran, apocalypse and mutually assured destruction. He is actually part of the neocon cabal, tho he is an academic in his own right. He has written a number of books on the middleeast in particular a rather balanced and informative history of the middleeast. Recently tho since the neocons came to power he's been less balanced i feel, seems to be following their agenda of us against them etc.

These end of days obsession people have (both Christian and Muslim) is all abit unhealthy as it leads to nihilistic tendancies and callous disregard for those who are not "Gods chosen ones". Alot of the support for the troubles we have at the moment are in many ways related to these apocalyptical beliefs, whether its the rapture of far right Christian in america or the coming of the Hidden Imam in Shi'ite theology or the coming of the Messiah in judaism. There are common themes in all three religions (due to their common roots) and each has their own take on who gets saved etc. Problem is some of the events get misinterpreted or warped to fit certain agendas. for example the creation of Israel to herald the coming of the Messiah (or from Christian perspective the second coming of Christ). Not all demoninations believe this mind you.

I've allways been one to defend religion when people blame it for the problems in the world but there are instances when religion, especially end of days theology, drives injustices from all sides.

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
still here.... should I bother going and getting the kids feet measured for new school shoes for 2 weeks time... hmmm.. best hold on til after lunch and see what happens !!

Was he specific about HOW the world was going to end? Is there anything I should be looking out for. I have a bit of a sore throat if that counts.

GW43

Mrs AutomanUK said:
Was he specific about HOW the world was going to end? Is there anything I should be looking out for. I have a bit of a sore throat if that counts.

A great wailing, and gnashing of teeth...
A plague of locusts, or is it boils?
Maybe a flood...could do with a bit more rain

Might not happen, but if it does, it's pity I didn't spend more on the credit card in the last few weeks.