1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its Still The Best

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by patmyhead, May 18, 2003.

1. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI
    I have just watched Forest Gump on my Pioneer 925 ,lasor disk Its the first lasor disk i have watched for months but its still the best format for sound ,blows my arcam 88 for six
    The audeo is via RF is it this that is better than the coaxal & optical outputs from the arcam or do pioneer just make better players
    Well i am now off to watch Starwars via the pioneer
    P@
    :clap: :clap:

2. NedK

NedK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got a 925 as well, and I agree that DTS and DD sounds better than it does on DVD. I believe Laserdisc uses a higher bit rate for the compressed audio, which would explain the difference.

I find that DTS in particular has a clarity and sense of space on LD that is missing from DVD.

3. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I still have a pair of 925s (to save my weary legs) and have to agree that the sound is better but I was under the impression that it was to do with greater dynamic range. Is this a space problem on DVDs (i.e. lack of) or a deliberate attempt to save our ears?