Its Snowing

jolly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well at least we have a covering :thumbsup:

not anoth to make a snowman thou

steve

My first day back to work and its a whiteout,Blizzards in Durham :eek:. It was a bit strange driving to work, whilst the snow was falling there was also thunder and lightning, Ive never seen that before.. I may have to go home early before the inch of snow cripples the transport system....It feels all christmassy,,,bit bloody late though :thumbsdow

Still snowing here in Durham. But its looking abit melty.

nothing here in leicester yet but it is forecast.....

had a call from someone in newcastle this morning who said they had a blizzard and didnt expect to get to work...

its been snowing here in brighton but it hasnt settled at all

working in Newcastle, there's the odd flake of snow falling but none on the ground. Live in Middlesbrough and we had a few cms there this morning though.

Been snowing in Edinburgh on and off since about 7AM. Not really settling though. Has come down pretty heavily a few times for about 10 minutes at at time.

Nothing here either (apart from being stupidily cold, and due to the word snow being mentioned in TV, there's hardly anything left in the local Spar store)

Been snowing in Edinburgh on and off since about 7AM. Not really settling though. Has come down pretty heavily a few times for about 10 minutes at at time.

Scratch that, just bucketed down, there is a covering now. :) Just watched car go fishtailing up my street.

Why couldn't it wait until monday so I could get the day off work. :D

Snowing in Carlisle. Has been all day. Not settling though.

I can send some of our lot over from Toronto if you want, we have plenty to go around!!

20 cms before Xmas and about another 15 cms fell on New Years Eve. At one point, with the drifts, the snow outside my door was over my knees :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh, and it's currently -20c, so stop your whingeing over there :hiya:

Snow here, but only a covering but it's bloomin' cold with it.

For all that, I enjoyed my walk to Tesco's and back and the local Poundland were selling four films for a quid :D and the Spin Doctor's Diary (hardback) by Lance Price

I can send some of our lot over from Toronto if you want, we have plenty to go around!!

20 cms before Xmas and about another 15 cms fell on New Years Eve. At one point, with the drifts, the snow outside my door was over my knees :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hehe, sounds amazing! I'll be there in just over a month. I cant wait! ;)

We've had a mix of hail / snow all day in Aberdeen but there's no cover yet. Pity, as I'm gagging to get the snowboard out.

Been on off here in linlithgow quite similar to edinburgh :D it's settling on grass but no where else.

EDIT: 2000th post :cool:

We had a big snowfall at some point during the night, here in Beverley.

Must have been 3-4 inches laying everywhere first thing today.
More tonight too I think, judging from the sky at the moment. :)

Going off topic slighty.....what type of central heating do you have? And doesn't it cost a fortune to run when the temperature is so low.

I have oil heating here, and at over 40p / litre (and a cold blooded wife..:rolleyes:) it's costing alot to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.

Back on topic and we've just had a skift of snow about 30 mins ago.....looks like there could be alot more later.

Going off topic slighty.....what type of central heating do you have? And doesn't it cost a fortune to run when the temperature is so low.

I have oil heating here, and at over 40p / litre (and a cold blooded wife..:rolleyes:) it's costing alot to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.

I haven't a clue to the cost as I live in a basement apartment, so the cost is included with the rent ($900 a month for a 2 bedroom, 1800sq ft apartment). The heating system is a forced air type driven by a gas boiler; this also operates as the air con during the summer. The system is on a timer set by the landlord (who lives above us) and dosn't come on during the day (peak hours) and then comes on every half hour for about 10 minutes from 6pm onwards. It then comes on every hour during the night. It stays nice and toasty below ground :thumbsup:

I haven't a clue to the cost as I live in a basement apartment, so the cost is included with the rent ($900 a month for a 2 bedroom, 1800sq ft apartment). The heating system is a forced air type driven by a gas boiler; this also operates as the air con during the summer. The system is on a timer set by the landlord (who lives above us) and dosn't come on during the day (peak hours) and then comes on every half hour for about 10 minutes from 6pm onwards. It then comes on every hour during the night. It stays nice and toasty below ground :thumbsup:

About £450 / mth including heating for a good size apartment in a city..:eek:...:eek:........you'll have people storming the embassy doors :D

No doubt we will be hearing phrases like "arctic blast" from the television and radio now ;)

Hate snow for one reason, Drivers!!!

They just cant seem to handle a bit of snow!:mad:

You'll all be running around at home in 75C temperatures in T-shirt and pants instead of putting on a thick jumper, jogging trousers and thick socks. :rolleyes:

They same type used to turn up by train on top of Snowdon in winter in mini skirts, blouses and high heels. Organ stops you could hang an ice axe on! Couldn't argue with them though. The Welsh young farmers are a pretty tough bunch. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom