1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's on the wall and looking sexy...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JamesTapp, Oct 14, 2002.

1. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well OK, that is probably going too far...

But this weekend I put up my 37" Panny. Wife wasn't too sure about me chopping out plasterboard, screwing major wooden blocks to the wall (as well as using "No more nails"). But the result is fabulous! (and it is still on the wall, more to the point)

I connected via the component inputs using the RGB to Component box from JS Tech. Great piece of kit John, and arrived two days after I posted the cheque, now that's what I call service.

I read alot of Jon Weaver's posts before taking the plunge, and I would like to say "THANKS!" It answered a lot of questions I hadn't thought to ask, and meant that I got it right first time.

I now have no manual switching of inputs, superb quality of picture, and the ability to use JUST mode if I need it. But the reality is that I haven't touched the aspect button yet, running eveything in 16:9 seems fine, doesn't seem to have the same effect as on my brothers 28" widescreen. Ha!:p

Can hear a slight buzz, but only when the sound is very quiet, and no more than other equipment. I will post pictures when the decorating has been completed (Next weekend, hopefully).

Thanks for all the insight guys, I am a very happy chap!

James

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi James,

I'm glad you like the component converter. I always try to get the units out a quickly as possible. With the post not arriving here until nearly 12pm, it's often a bit of a mad house!

No More Nails stuff is quite amazing! I used it to stick skirting to plaster board which was dabbed onto a brick wall. Nails just wasn't an option, the alternative would have been to use raw plugs and screws.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.