Its oh so complicated, I just want a 55"

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Daimo B, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Daimo B

Daimo B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I've spent ages looking up TV's, the budget in the 55" range goes from mid hundreds to thousands. I had a £1k ish budget, but nothing fixed, I can splash out a bit more for something really worth it. I've spent hours on John Lewis and Richer Sounds sites as they are the only ones I want to purchase from.

What I want?

I love motorsport, I watch most TV in HD, I also like rugby, so the motion flow rate has to be good (but seeing as each manufacture has its own rate, it makes it hard to understand).
    I like watching a Blue Ray.
    I like a bit of playstation, even though I've only got a PS3, and only ever seem to play Gran Torismo. So really, it doesn't need to be a gaming machine focussed TV.
    General TV viewing, mostly in HD through a Virgin box.

Not fussed about curves, 4k, or even 3D. But it seems most of them have one or more of these in built these days. I get my Netflix through my Virgin box, but don't usually watch much through the TV (usually watch that at work or when the missis decides to put her awful Eastenders or towie tosh on).

I'm also after a soundbar, but this can come later, and isn't included in the TV budget at this time.

Some examples of those I've been looking at thus far.

Panasonic VIERA TX55AS802B | 55 inch 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD freesat HD | Richer Sounds

Samsung UE55H8000 | 55 inch Curved 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD freesat HD | Richer Sounds

Panasonic VIERA TX55CX680B | 55 inch 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV Freeview Play | Richer Sounds

Samsung UE55HU7500 | 55 inch 4K Ultra HD 3D LED Smart TV Freeview HD freesat HD | Richer Sounds

Samsung UE55JU6500 | 55 inch Curved 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV Freeview HD freesat HD | Richer Sounds

Any help appreciated. I plan to pop into a Richer Sounds at some point to discuss it with them, but AV Forums has always been good, so hopefully someone can point me with the best value for money for what I actually need it for.

Anddddd if anyones interested in some cheap kit, see my sig :)

2. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Hi mate I think your over complicating it, I'd pretty much guarantee any of those above would be more than capable. Curved is something you need to see for yourself, only YOU can say if you want that or not.

I'd say if you can afford it go for a 4k model, you won't get any benefits from that at the moment, only if you have netflix to view 4k content, but in the future you may get more out of it. If your not fussed and want to save some cash get the top Panasonic in your link for £899, put the other £200-300 you'd save on the other TVs and get a decent sound bar, you will have a really nice setup for under £1200.
    I would go for Panasonic over Samsung anyday by the way! Just get a matching Panasonic soundbar and job done!

P.s I'd highly recommend RS to buy from, brilliant customer service and 5/6 year FREE guarantees.

3. BigBadAde

BigBadAde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Agree with BM08. Get the Panasonic AS802