Question It's nearly the end of the year! Where is the DTS X upgrade?

antsims

Distinguished Member
I have the Onkyo 646 which states a firmware update will give DTS X later this year! Well it's nearly the end of the year so where is this promised update? Anyone know?

simonlewis

It's happening at the beginning of 2016.

antsims

Distinguished Member
It's happening at the beginning of 2016.
Really? Has this been officially confirmed? If so that's rubbish (can't use the word I would like to!!). I've still not watched Ex Machina Us version as I want to hear it!

dante01

Distinguished Member
The final code for software implementation will be given to the receiver manufacturers on January the 1st. The manufacturers would then need some time to impliment this in relation to their hardware configurations. The final implementations should start to become available shortly after this, but you'll probably find that the update will be rolled out gradually rather than all applicable models getting ot at once. D&M have indicated that the flagship models will get the update first. There's already a DEnon AVRX7200WA in the UK running a beta version of DTS:X.

jobseeker

Certainly even the new stuff coming onto the market as DTS-X capable is still all carrying the 'by future software update' caveat, so Onkyo can't supply what they don't yet have.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom