Its my sheds again :o) This time it is the floor.

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Hey All,

You may remember me from such shed threads as the one linked below:

DIY: How to Repair a Leaking Felt Roof

:)

Both my sheds are lined with wood on the walls and roof. One of the sheds I had to lay a concrete floor, so I laid a plastic sheet and then laid the concrete. I have had no issue with this floor and when it does rain there is no sign of rising damp.

However my other shed that already had a floor laid seems to have no damp proofing and therefore the floor seems to be damp. its not a massive issue but I think it is causing a rather musty smell in there and if there is something I can do to sort it I want to try.

I have been looking round and I have seen this:
DPM 5L - Toolstation

Has anyone used this and do you think this is the sort of thing I need to get to sort my problem?

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Well, if you just had a DPM sheet on the floor it would become damaged very quickly.

Same with the black jack liquid DPM, it's a sticky tar that needs to be covered once dry.

I suppose you could pour a Self levelling compound down. One that acts as a DPM

Last edited:

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Well, if you just had a DPM sheet on the floor it would become damaged very quickly.

Same with the black jack liquid DPM, it's a sticky tar that needs to be covered once dry.

I suppose you could pour a Self levelling compound down. Once that acts as a DPM

ahhh that makes sense.

Being a bitumen I understand that now. Apologies for being thick.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom