Its Here!!!

Inked

Distinguished Member
My 42PV500 arrived earlier this morning and the 37 was taken back to JL.
Just got it all set back up and it's fantastic, definately worth the hassle of getting it swapped over (and the 15% handling fee).

Ended up having to pay another £457 to change it over but it was money well spent, cant wait to move into our new house in a couple of months now, it's going to look awsome!

:D :clap: :clap: :D

T

Ty_UK

So how much did you end up paying overall?? Why didnt you go for the 42 in the first place?

Well done and welcome to the club ;o)

JamesBond

Novice Member
Enjoy, :smashin:

My 42PV500 is coming next Wednesday (1st) so I'm taking the day off to play.

(and I'm going to read the manual in advance - cheers Inked)

Inked

Distinguished Member
Overall it cost me £2520 with the stand, would have been less if i'd have got the 42 in the first place as £310 of that was the handling charge for JL taking the 37 back. :suicide:

Got the 37 as i thought the 42 would be too big, but after having it for 6 weeks i realised that it was fine for the flat we're in but would look a lot smaller when we move into our house.:oops:

T

TattooedSkull

I got my 42PV500 last week it is AWESOME what more can I say:clap:

Kevo

JamesBond said:
Enjoy, :smashin:

My 42PV500 is coming next Wednesday (1st) so I'm taking the day off to play.

(and I'm going to read the manual in advance - cheers Inked)

Make that a week !

Welcome all newcomers to the 'PV500 club' :thumbsup:

Now you can see for yourself what all the fuss is about

blicky_1

Inked said:
Overall it cost me £2520 with the stand, would have been less if i'd have got the 42 in the first place as £310 of that was the handling charge for JL taking the 37 back. :suicide:

£310 handling charge:thumbsdow ?? did they see you comming:D

Inked

Distinguished Member
blicky_1 said:
£310 handling charge:thumbsdow ?? did they see you comming:D

I work for JL, it is our policy to levy a handling charge for anything returned by a customer just because they no longer want it that cannot be sold "as new".

I think it is a fair policy as a company shouldnt have to take the cost of the markdown on the TV when they come to resell it.

Lufer

Novice Member
Inked said:
I work for JL, it is our policy to levy a handling charge for anything returned by a customer just because they no longer want it that cannot be sold "as new".

I think it is a fair policy as a company shouldnt have to take the cost of the markdown on the TV when they come to resell it.

I don't work for JL and I think it is a very good deal! It is a pre-owned set now and will be discounted accordingly. 6 weeks is a good while. Speaks well for JL's policy to do this.

blicky_1

And they charged you the fee even as you work for them??

Remind me not to shop at JL:D

I return a 42" plasma to RS and swaped for another they tried this on (£50 restock fee) and I told them where to stick it!!

Needless to say I did not pay a handling fee and have upgraded my TV:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom