1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its here, its here

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mullly, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mullly

mullly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, First off, thanks a lot to HD et all on the forum, :thumbsup: for all your advice and time and effort to answer all the repeat questions etc.
    My PWD7 has arrived at home, but I am still at work... :rotfl:

Planning to head home early look at the box for a while and savor the opening ceremony (while the missus is out).

Quick question, when your warming then up, keep the levels down (-5 from normal) switch off dynamic mode, does it make a difference what picture is being displayed ? is it safe to leave it on lets say a blue screen or a white screen for a day to crank up the hours and get to the 200 hour sooner, or is it safe to lets say play a movie on repeat non stop to get the hours used up ?

looking forward to watching Ireland V England on my new toy....

2. brendan_dj

brendan_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I'm glad your happy with your telly. Both Panasonic and Pioneer are well highly commented on in these forums. My Pio will be here soon :)

With regard to your blue-screen... I suggest feeding it with a GREEN screen so that your pixels become used to displaying green. The green Irish shirts will be dominating the display during the Six Nations ;-) :D

Brendan

3. Nostromo426

Nostromo426
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ran my TH-50PHD7 during the day (07.00/18.00) playing Toy Story on continuous loop - a film with excellent colours - with settings at -10 (brightness/contrast/colour) and in the evening setting were all at 0 when we were viewing

Now have my 200 hours and the screen is truly excellent cannot recommend it enough.

I like to think my screen benefitted from this 'run in' but their are others who will say this is not neccessary. Still I'm happy with what I did and in the end thats what counts.

4. adymartin

adymartin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have my brightness at 0 and my contrast at 5 at the mo', 50 hours into the 'run in'.
    however, I like the picture this way, it's spot on, I don't like it to be too bright anyway. I can't understand why everyone keeps going on about wanting to get all their levels turned up...

hope you enjoy your new toy, I certainly do mine :thumbsup:

5. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +508
    i have mine set to cinema and thats it not touched anything else.

But i have the brightness set to high on my Sky Box

Will proberly leave it at that, blacks really do look black on this screen.

Not even had mine a week and im chuffed to bits with my PW7

Dal

6. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  7. Simon James

Simon James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mully...got my Panny today too! Can't wait to get home. Gotta wait for a component board though! Never mind will still enjoy undressing it. Missus out too..... :)