1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's here .... and WOW!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mindvox, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Mindvox

Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, at 9:40am this morning, the delivery van pulled up outside and I took delivery of my brand new LG Plasma.

Upon turning the set on, I set Brightness and Contrast to 45 each, and set colour to 25 as well as selecting "Cool" under CSM.

I fired up Spider-Man 2 and was simply blown away by the sheer clarity, and this is through only an RGB scart into the AV1 connection. :eek: I'm frightened to think how good this is going to be through a Component connection with Progressive scan enabled on my Denon 2900 player.

So, after testing some scenes on Spider-Man 2, Terminator 2, Fifth Element (the Diva scene), and Star Wars - Episode 1's "Dual of the Fates" scene, it was time to move onto videogames.

The PS2 was connected, again via scart into AV1 (via scart switching box), and I fired up Tekken 5. My jaw almost hit the floor, seriously. I had been told by a mate who heard from someone he knows who knows someone with a Plasma (see the BS?), that Plasma's are hopeless with games. Blurring, colour bleeding, fuzzy edges, and poor refresh rates would plague my games ... so he said. Absolute RUBBISH.

Tekken 5, Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Burnout Revenge, Winning Eleven 9, and FIFA 2006 all looked fantastic with smooth visuals and crisp edges. Tekken 5 it has to be said looks the best because it's the most visually advanced PS2 game to date. Looking forward to trying Halo 2 out later on this afternoon ... oh, I should also point out that the mate who told me I'd "made a massive mistake" in going Plasma actually owns a Samsung LCD. Figures eh?

Anyway, I'm incredibley happy with my LG ... it's actually surpassed my expectation.

PS: the LG arrived boxed on it's stand. Does this stand disconnect from the set to allow me to wall mount it?

Cheers. :D

2. stainway

stainway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Mindvox,
    Congratulations with the new Plasma!
    About the stand-you can easily disconnect it from the set.
    There are two screws on the back low down on the plasma panel.
    About your settings-probably you would want to run a THX optimizer from the start wars DVD for a begin-I think your brightness should be around 49-50 and contrast maybe 53-55.And colours-well I prefer it in normal stand-in cool gives a bit blue feeling:).
    Anyway have a big fun with it and let's us know about the use of PC.