It's happened to me!!!!

Gof

Okay dokey - been gaming since Christmas on my 'launch' console - no problemo...until tonight!!!!!

It froze - several times, thre red lights - removed and reconnected - still 3 red lights, feels like it is struggling to power up then loses it!

Argh - anyone have any useful advice!

Thanks.

:mad:

signs

Banned
Gof said:
Okay dokey - been gaming since Christmas on my 'launch' console - no problemo...until tonight!!!!!

It froze - several times, thre red lights - removed and reconnected - still 3 red lights, feels like it is struggling to power up then loses it!

Argh - anyone have any useful advice!

Thanks.

:mad:

sorry to hear this mate
try to take it back to where you got it from,
if not send for the brown coffin from m/s

Gof

Spoke to MS last night and they are sending me UPS labels - return cosole only for repair or replacement!!! Not keen - want shiny new one!

I called Gameplay today and they are sending a courier today to collect but they want all system repackaged - inc Hardrive (all my save games and paid for content are on there) - HELP - anyone know what to do?

Thanks,

Pete:lease:

Rian1988

Yeh, happened to me last night, I phoned ms, 5 days for pick up then another 10 before its returned :eek So following suggestions here I phoned up HMV and the guy was keen to replace mine, as soon as they had stock which could be this afternoon!

Gof

JSTW> good job man! I decided to put mine in the box without leads and harddrive and send back to Gameplay - just been picked up......darn summer holiday (I teach) without a 360 - this is lame!

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Sorry to read about your troubles, hope it wasn't that dodgy 2nd hand copy of GRAW I sold you that killed it;)

Hope you get a speedy resolution to your woes although my sympathy has diminished now I've read of your looooooonnnnnnng summer holidays:D

yinujim

Why didnt you just return it to the shop you got it from and they will give you a new one.

Gof

hodg100 said:
Sorry to read about your troubles, hope it wasn't that dodgy 2nd hand copy of GRAW I sold you that killed it;)

Hope you get a speedy resolution to your woes although my sympathy has diminished now I've read of your looooooonnnnnnng summer holidays:D

Oi! I deserve the holiday!!!!
Lol!

Interestingly GRAW was the last thing I playe don it - day 2 10.43am :D

Gof

yinujim said:
Why didnt you just return it to the shop you got it from and they will give you a new one.

Gameplay (online shop) were the peeps I sent it back to (minus the HD) with a wee note attached saying - please replace me ;)

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Gof said:
Oi! I deserve the holiday!!!!
Lol!

Interestingly GRAW was the last thing I playe don it - day 2 10.43am :D

It's been a long time waiting to get you back for The April Fools Day jape you pulled on me:D

NackNack

Banned
Gof said:
Spoke to MS last night and they are sending me UPS labels - return cosole only for repair or replacement!!! Not keen - want shiny new one!
That IS what replacement means. :)

W

wattsy1977

Im getting concerned as it wont be long before people will have had launch machines a year.. what happens if the common three red lights and freezing up happens then???

Im worried as people who thought they were perfectly fine, after 9 months have problems, beginning to wish I had taken out some form of extended warranty now.

Gof

hodg100 said:
It's been a long time waiting to get you back for The April Fools Day jape you pulled on me:D

LOL!
I forgot all about that :rotfl:

You just made me smile again - even sans xbox-lol!

Gof

wattsy1977 said:
Im getting concerned as it wont be long before people will have had launch machines a year.. what happens if the common three red lights and freezing up happens then???

A valid worry - I never bother with extended warraties - £60 for 2 years seemed pointles, now I'm not so sure......seems a bit sad that you can pay that sort of money for something that may not last the distance!

NackNack

Banned
Claim it hasn't lasted a reasonable amount of time and are entitled to a repair since consoles are expected to last for quite a few years.

norm

wattsy1977 said:
Im worried as people who thought they were perfectly fine, after 9 months have problems, beginning to wish I had taken out some form of extended warranty now.

Through dealing with Microsoft Xbox Support over a faulty 360 I've learnt you can take out the extended warranty at any time up until the end of the 12 month warranty period.

Just phone and ask to sign up.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom