1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's finally finished - thanks all!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by meep, Jun 22, 2003.

1. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    One year on from the arrival of the first parts and I can now declare our HT finished (well, as finished as these things can ever get :rolleyes:).

One year of tweaking, upgrading and some movie watching later we have a great room where we can kick back and enjoy chill-out tunes or action movies, whatever takes our fancy.

Everything is integrated and writ large on our big screen thanks to CRT.

I've finally got around to updating the website with new photos, some new sections etc. Do have a look - we're pleased with it (all our own work!!).

I had some debate as to where to post this message (could have gone with DIY, HTPC, Speaker & Subs etc., but at it's heart, this is a CRT centered project and so it's back to roots.

Thanks to all CRT forums members (and all others on avforums who might happen to drop by) for all the help and support over the past 18 months.

To anyone starting out coming across this, it may seem like a minefield but you'll get there!

Peter

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Peter,

It looks super - probably sounds super too - some very nice kit.
    I presume that ceiling mounting the Sony means that you're still happy with it - has it's performance changed while you've had it ?

Having it on the ceiling puts your seanting right in the "sweet spot", by the looks of it !!

Well done again,

Sean G.

3. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Sean

Thanks. Happy with the 1271 and in any case, if I do upgrade it will most likely be to another CRT. (still need to get my hands on a decent LCD/DLP though to do a shoot out and determine what the actual differences are in the context of my own room).

Surprisingly, no real changes in CRt performance since I got it last year. I had it running there for 3-4 months before the vertical shift without as much as touch up to the convergence. It's been up about a minth now and I'm still dialing in small mods on an ongoing basis but I'd be pretty sure once it's there, it'll be rock solid. (have a small problem with one of the BNC connectors on the back which occasionally drops and causes sync to be lost - have yet to figure if it's the plug or socket - a small twiddle will usually rectify the mater).

Mounting the PJ does indeed free up the floor. However, you'll note from the photos that we have two two seater sofas side by side facing the screen. unforunately, the very best spot to sit is right on the arms of the sofas where they meet. I'm trying to persuade wife that we might need a third sofa to form a U and thereby get access to the best seat in the house. I'd settle for a couple of recliners either!

Peter

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Peter,

A "riser" platform placing one sofa behind the other ??? Tiered seating !

I'm in the process of re-finishing my movie room - nothing like the amount of space you've got tho'. Now have a black suede material screenwall with variable masking - it's the dog's danglies, and I'm sorry I didn't do it before now. Having proper masking for 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 really has made a super difference, and hcpc, amp prov and speakers are all "stealthed" behind screen wall - makes the world of difference. Now planning acoustic panels for the rest of the room covered in same material (different colour !!). Room will only take 2 Lazeeboys, so that's not a problem......!!

All the best,

Sean.

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You have worked hard, good install.
    Glad to see the projector finally on the ceiling