It's driving me nuts!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by maze, Jan 12, 2002.

1. maze

maze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...my DVD player,that is....the problem is the TV screen (Phillips portable) goes blue after about 30 seconds of playing and continues to go from a blue screen to the movie and back again every minute or so for the remainder of the movie...making it un-watchable (sp?)...

Everything is connected correctly....the DVD player (Oritron 600) works perfectly on every other TV in the house, except the Phillips combi portable! I have tried at least 7 different dvd's in the player....I've tried retuning, cleaning the discs, pulling my hair out etc...still no luck...

Any ideas ?

2. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stab in the dark, but could it be macrovision causing this as you have a combo jobbie. what inputs r available? can u bypass the video ie is there an input direct into the tv?

Ten

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Ten is correct, it will be the macrovision copy protection in your combi TV that is causing the problem.

Macro busters are available for about £30

4. maze

maze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys....haven't got a clue what Macrovision is...but the only output on the tv combi is a lone scarf socket......nothing else...Unfortunately,there is no way to bypass the video ...

Cheers....

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Macrovision is the copy protection device used on all DVDs to stop them being copied.

It works by interfering with VCRs and the result is normally a flashing picture which flashes from bright to dark.

This means that you cannot connect up a DVD player by routing it through the spare scart socket on a VCR.

It also seems to have side effects when plugging a DVD player into a combi

6. Keithd50

Keithd50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0