It's Driving Me Insane - Please Help Me

madman1178

OK.

I am running Vista Home premium and have a Nvidia Geforce 7300le GFX card. I have the vga out to my lcd monitor and the DVI connected to DVI to HDMI cable going to my Panasonic TH42PX60 plasma.

I have tried everything i can think of to get a full screen desktop and full screen media center (underscan/overscan) but no matter what i try it wont work. I have tried powerstrip and that helps a little but i lose video signal if i keep going to get it full screen.

I have tried loads of different resolutions and tried 560p 720p and 1080i. no matter what i do there is always around 5-10% overscan on top and bottom and both sides.

I would really love full second desktop and full media center but i cant do it.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

chrisbaker42

Might not apply but I needed to update the drivers before I could get all the screen resolutions working on my radeon X1550. I know it's a different card but Vista does have some issues.

treacle

Try them individully, connect one at a time.

I think you're asking too much of your v/card.

Philius

I had this self same problem with my 50" samsung plasma, I tried everything I could to get it working to no avail.

Until I read my TV manual, there is an option of the Samsung (don't know if u have something similar on the panny) but in the Picture Size settings where you select 4:3 - 16:9 - Zoom etc I had one called Just Scan. When I set my plasma to this it all worked fine. So now I have excellent quality windows desktop in 720p with no overscan.

Hope this helps

Skars

A

albertorp

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. My setup was (is) a MiniPC MPC-945VXR and a TV Sharp LC32GD8E. Tried lots of things and nothing worked. Finally I updated my PC BIOS and then I would be able to get 720p, crisp and clear, but loosing the edges (including the windows taskbar). After reading this forum, and suddenly in the normal Display Properties I got a resolution I had never seen before (1154x666, or something like this). It seems more peoplehad the same (not noticing this resolution in the beginning), but once I set it, my display is looking quite nice. Not as clear as with 720p, but certainly much, much better than any other resolution I tried, and it occupies almost the entire screen (very little bands on the edges).

Hope this helps.

jaymz

You should be setting the desktop to the Panny with the native resolution of the panel for PC use.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom