Its coming... Alien isolation vr

Hopefully released next weekend

Does it come with a pack of these......

Fair hangover today wonder if i should try it? Lol

I just tried this.

its far from perfect, it is clear the game was never properly made for VR and without the source code I guess the chap making the mod has a tough job. its hard on vr legs.
but.............

its frikken alien in VR again, and I have not had that since 2014!!! it is utterly terrifying. I bought this game at launch inc season pass and still not seen beyond crew expendible yet, but it is so so good. walking round the nostramo being hunted by THE alien.

the assets are all from the film. its a damn shame its not official, they are close to the ultimate VR game imo, but that said, if you have a rift (or possibly vive with revive - vive version coming soon - ) and if you own alien, you simply must try it.

some (v important) tips

Unless you are an experienced VR user, Take it easy, possibly 15mins tops then have a breather, because as I said, made for VR games that you may be used to using now do not push your vr legs this hard. it reminds me of my very early DK2 days. if you can, use a swivel chair and use that to turn when possible and NOT your control stick. pads are better for strafing and use your body to turn when possible.

I just tried this.

its far from perfect, it is clear the game was never properly made for VR and without the source code I guess the chap making the mod has a tough job. its hard on vr legs.
but.............

its frikken alien in VR again, and I have not had that since 2014!!! it is utterly terrifying. I bought this game at launch inc season pass and still not seen beyond crew expendible yet, but it is so so good. walking round the nostramo being hunted by THE alien.

the assets are all from the film. its a damn shame its not official, they are close to the ultimate VR game imo, but that said, if you have a rift (or possibly vive with revive - vive version coming soon - ) and if you own alien, you simply must try it.

some (v important) tips

Unless you are an experienced VR user, Take it easy, possibly 15mins tops then have a breather, because as I said, made for VR games that you may be used to using now do not push your vr legs this hard. it reminds me of my very early DK2 days. if you can, use a swivel chair and use that to turn when possible and NOT your control stick. pads are better for strafing and use your body to turn when possible.
Didn't try it earlier as i was a bit rough but will try it tomorrow, all ready to go.

True story. After logging off last night after just getting ripped apart again i was walking through the lounge with the lights off. we have a very large mirror on the wall. i almost jumped out of my skin when a saw something walking along side me in the lounge.

my educated conscious brain can tell me its only a game all it wants.... AI in VR gets your lizard brain screaming however and there is not a lot you can do about that.... well i cant anyway, its why i love it :)

Yeah Alien Isolation has that prolonged effect on you a bit like watching the Exorcist, it reaches deep into the core.

I did 40 hours of Alien Isolation on the DK2 even with all its weirdness. I was hoping we would get an official VR update because I don't know if I want to do it all again on keyboard and mouse. Its a travesty FB or Valve didn't throw a million to Creative Assembly for a conversion as it would be a sure fire killer app VR needs. To hold the tracker in one hand and the Flame thrower in the other would be immense.

I would say AI is one of my top 3 gaming experiences ever.

Oh my days.. first time player here, haven't even got to see the alien yet and already dropped the controller from a jump scare. This game is insane, everyone said is scary but I thought they were just wimps. Time I grew a pair me thinks :)

Anyway well worth the money to buy it if you haven't already, graphics and atmosphere top notch.. mod has some work to do but it's playable.

You haven't seen the Alien yet?! Oh my, it gets worse, a lot worse. I was hiding in one of the lockers once while the Alien crept around outside, I thought I was safe but no it must oh heard me because the locker opened and it pulled me out. You are safe, nowhere.

I tried to put my son in it but he refused. There are some absolute class moments in this game. I was hiding behind a wall of boxes once and the Alien dropped from a vent right behind me, when I turned around I got the biggest scare of my life. Gives me quivers even thinking about it. To see that Alien tale burst through your chest is something else.

I believe in vr its 2nd name is "hiding in a cupboard simulator" I think it was the steam forums where someone suggested it should show "time played" AND "time played hiding in cupboard" ;)

Really want to try this, but I'm just too scared. Dreadhalls was just beyond my limits, and I just know that this is on another level completely. I'll try and pluck up the courage to buy it :blush:

Dread halls is pretty bad too.
I believe in vr its 2nd name is "hiding in a cupboard simulator" I think it was the steam forums where someone suggested it should show "time played" AND "time played hiding in cupboard" ;)

Haha I can completely believe it. I hold my breath when the Aliens outside just in case.

I played dreadhalls free version on dk2 does the paid version add much more ?

Not sure. I've only got Dreadhalls on my Samsung Gear. The Rift version looked too similar for me to buy it again.

I played dreadhalls free version on dk2 does the paid version add much more ?

That's as far as I got too. Dreadhalls is like mental torture.

I tried to play this the other night, but the way it plays had me feeling ill in moments. so thats the end of that one, had already played and finished it previously so not too annoyed

I've been waiting for this to be a decent price to give it a try, it's now on the humble bundle site in a pack which costs a little over £5 so will give it a try, I presume the mod is out now ?

yes the mod is out now... i have not checked for a few weeks to see if it has been updated at all.

edit.. nope still on alpha 2.

Ok thx, it's a good price so will bank it now and give it a quick spin but don't mind waiting for the release

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom