1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been in storage a year and now I've lost the plot...

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by nolispe, May 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nolispe

nolispe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I moved house about a year ago and put my stereo kit in storage while I decorated the living room. This weekend I finally got the stuff out and set the system up in the living room (at last). I have an AVR100 with DV88 DVD player. It's hooked up to my Freeview box, my ipod and my playstation and everything works perfectly (or as near to it as I can).

However, I don't seem to be getting any on screen graphics like I used to (things like the volume graphic or the setup menu etc...). This would lead me to believe that I've missed linking a cable from my amplifier to my tv but I'm a bit stuck as to where it should come from and to.

Can you please put me out of my misery shed some possible light on the matter?

Cheers

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    It needs to go from the 'Monitor Out' connection on the AVR100. This can be either an S-Video Connection or a Composite connection. Connect this to the relevant connection on your television.

You also need to make sure that one of the sources you have is feeding in a signal of the same type that you are taking out of the amp. ie if you connect the 'Monitor Out' on the amp to your tv with S-video you need to make sure that something, let say the freeview box is feeding an S-Video signal into it via one of the inputs.

3. nolispe

nolispe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crustyloafer...

I'm going to try and give that a go tonight... However, I'm quite sure I haven't had to do this before as I don't own an s-Video cable. Would there have been an other way I could have set this up. The only 'video' inputs I have are from the Freeview box via a scart connection that goes to the back of the tv. I then have another scart cable from the freeview box that switches to a three connector (left, right and video) that goes to the back of the Amp. I also have the DVD player connected via an optical cable to the amp and then an additional scart lead from the dvd player to the back of the tv.

Is there something I'm missing from that? Should I now have a monitor out from the amp (the same type as that coming from my freeview box) to the tv?

I'd be interested in any other setups you might suggest also...

Sorry for being so lame about this and thanks in advance for any advice.

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    That's exactly what you need. You need a 3 RCA to Scart cable to go from the Monitor out on the Amp to one of the scart sockets on the TV.

The main disadvantage doing this is you are only getting a composite video signal which is pretty much the lowest quality type of video signal.