It's a Wonderful Life - but which one?

Philly112

Distinguished Member
Aren't they all the same, apart from some cards and poster in the first one? The box in '3' appears different, but to my knowledge the film quality is the same in all of them. I have the standard UK bluray, and the transfer is great. The colourised version is also very good. But let's face it, you aren't going to watch this in anything other than the original black and white. Preferably on Christmas Eve, so give it to her a day early.

Phil

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
That's what I was wondering - whether the transfer differs in any of them?

mentasm

Distinguished Member
No.

johnsonmoog

Standard Member
But - I believe if you get the US version the colour and black and white versions are on separate discs, so the picture quality should/could be better on that version due to not sharing disc space. Might be worth checking dvdbeaver for a comparison?

mentasm

Distinguished Member
You're not going to see any significant difference.

orac1971

As johnsonmoog said - US is 2 discs.. but UK would be cheaper to get. I have UK version and its very good - even the colour version is well done I think.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Can anyone who owns this comment on the picture quality?

I seem to remember seeing caps that had a lick of DNR which put me off when this was first released.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Like pRot3us says, be very interested to know people's opinions of the pq.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
I think I may have seen those caps before, it does look like it's had a slight lick of filtering but doesn't look too bad. Cape Fear had more than that and apart from a few scenes it was still perfectly watchable.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Thanks again Mentasm, bought it from Amazon with the MasterCard £5 off.

Garrett

I sent for this via Amazon UK from one of there 3rd party suppliers. At the beginning of the month and wasn't till 7 days later I got a dispatch notification and it still not arrived.
Yet I ordered some ink from one Amazons 3rd parties Sunday and it came Wednesday and from the postage label Gibraltar.
Do Amazon UK deal with American 3rd party's with out stating so? I just have a horrible feeling this may come from there and have to pay import and collection fee, when I could have ordered it from the states at half the price.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Mine was from amazon uk themselves - supposedly delivered 3 days ago. It wasn't so "where's my stuff" clicking ahoy.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom