Its a question of economics

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rex8, Sep 18, 2005.

1. rex8

rex8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently re-building my home cinema hi-fi set up.
    That means new AV Amp (Haven’t got a clue yet) DVD Player, and speakers. I am moving to a smaller house so have decided to go down the Sub Sat route, plus it will be far more wife friendly.
    I was looking for opinions on the following choices. My budget is around £800 for the speakers. I have narrowed the candidates down to 3 The B&W MT-20, Keff’s 2005 eggs and MS Genies.
    Now, the b&w system is a little over my budget, but I can buy the 5 satellites now, and use them with my current Sub a Paradigm PD10. I could save quite a bit of the £800 and buy the Keff Eggs, or finally come in around the budget with MS Genies.
    I have managed to audition all the systems but at different outlets so comparison was difficult, however I don’t think the Eggs were as good as the other 2 makes.
    Any advice on which way to go would be appreciated. I bought the Sub about 4 years ago so I don’t know if it cuts the mustard by today’s standards. :lease:

2. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you could stretch the budget a little (£895) you could get a Kef 5005 package, i cant rate this system highly enough :)

You could buy the speakers seperately and use your existing sub, on the amp front, i am using a 2106 to drive them, i have a mission m5 sub/sat system also using a 3805 and theres not a lot in it for half the cost.

3. dew

dew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    am interested in kef 5005. where can i get it for 895?
    Thanks