• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

it's a mindfield where to look?

pete10

Standard Member
don't laugh this is a serious question! i have a square shaped analogue television which fits perfectly inside the cabinet I have to use in my living room (it is the only place we can put it) and now the tv is going on the blink and all I seem to find new is oblong ones, Dixons stated that “you can’t get a square telly now” could you advise me a way to google or whatever search? I have put in the search tv’s etc, space size 60cm high by 78cm width tv’s but all I seem to get is a million companies selling tv’s which are widescreen but none of these sizes I stated, I even explained that I am not bothered about that the speakers being on the the bottom of the tv to make it look square, all I have found up to now is one grundig and a copy version lcd, any idea’s how? would be very grateful and thank you in advance:lease:

pete10

Standard Member
:clap: thank you for your reply and the info, i may have discribed what i am looking for incorrectly:oops:, i would like the outer tv size as the one you found but with an lcd screen i am not bothered if the lcd screen is oblong, meaning ie with speakers at the bottom to make the whole tv a square shape, i have found one grundig and a copy so far but cant get the outer size i would like

naruto

Established Member
Oh rigth:oops:

I havent seen any 4:3 size LCDs bar small monitors.

You could get a 32" LCD TV to just about squeeze in that gap. Some of the new Toshibas or JVCs are narrow enough

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom