Itrip legal?

kellaken

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying an itrip for my son's ipod but I am hearing tales that they are illegal.....Anyone know the situation?.....Thanks Ken

They are working on laws to legalise it if it already has not been done.

There are no instances of anyone being convicted for the use of such devices.

As such they are sold in stores and are legal to use in Europe. So while they may be technically illegal in this country at this moment - it should be safe to use from what I have read.

They are working on laws to legalise it if it already has not been done.

There are no instances of anyone being convicted for the use of such devices.

As such they are sold in stores and are legal to use in Europe. So while they may be technically illegal in this country at this moment - it should be safe to use from what I have read.

If the Itrip is one of those FM transmitters then from what i hear you can legally buy one. I think i heard that the law was the it should only transmit a distance of 3m max radius.

If the Itrip is one of those FM transmitters then from what i hear you can legally buy one. I think i heard that the law was the it should only transmit a distance of 3m max radius.

Itrips are cheap versions of the Belkin Tunecast V2 which is what i use for my zune

Hi,nearly sure they changed the law on the 6th Dec to accomodate iTrips etc(Computer Shopper web article).Don't think its ever been illegal to sell them thou.

Cheers BOB

Yes this was reported on the BBC website the other week :) It's about time our laws caught up with the modern age !

I have an itrip...I think it's useless..I can never get a good quality sound from it.

Apparently depends on your location. If you have many radio stations in your area you may have trouble with them interferring.

I have an itrip...I think it's useless..I can never get a good quality sound from it.

Apparently depends on your location. If you have many radio stations in your area you may have trouble with them interferring.

yea i get this problem sometimes...best to find a frequency that is not being used and tune into that one!

yes, I lost interest after retuning for the 100th time when driving around locally. Much easier with a old fashioned cable :)

I've just bought a Belkin Tunecast, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality. Living in a rural area probably helps, though.

I'd prefer a wired solution, but I've got a company car.

yes, I lost interest after retuning for the 100th time when driving around locally. Much easier with a old fashioned cable :)

I will eventually go back to cable when i fit my old cd player in to my car...it have a aux port for a jack cable..but ill need to run that down the back of the whole heater/cd/ashtray holder thingymebob! lol

I've just bought a Belkin Tunecast, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality. Living in a rural area probably helps, though.

I'd prefer a wired solution, but I've got a company car.

yea the belkins are really good excepy mine has been playing up lately...turns off once and a while for no reason...its plugged into the 12v supply...

I use a tape thing...stick the tape in the tape player and then plug it into your ipod...pretty low level stuff but does the job nice and easily.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom