1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTrip for 3G iPod - Info Please! :-)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Mr 928, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Mr 928

Mr 928

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got myself a 40GB iPod and an iTrip, have been playing around with them both and they are awesome, although I can't seem to get a good radio reception when using the iTrip - anyone use one of these and if so, what is the best frequency to use (or does that depend on area)?

Many thanks

2. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I also had real problems with it at first. It worked brilliantly indoors with an AV receiver, great signal and worked exactly as it should. The problems arise when driving a car with various local radio stations as you drive into their broadcasting area, the local station signals interfere with you chosen signal and so the reception goes to pot.

The other problem is that the instructions are a bit vague on how to select your chosen frequency and that some empty frequencies work better than others. I had major problems getting it to select the stations I wanted but now I have the correct technique of setting it up correctly, it works really well.

My technique is:
    1. manually tune your car radio so that it doesn't overlap stations
    2. choose your station on the iPod but this is where I had major problems. It seems that the scanning of the stations keep going unless you pause the playing of the iTrip station. i.e. say 101.9 is your desired frequency, press play but after the first 25% of the track, press pause. The lights on the iTrip should blink at first but then stay fully lit. At this point the static on the radio should fully disappear thus confirming you with a tuned in iTrip.
    3. play desired tune but do not play anymore iTrip stations.

My major problem was getting the iTrip to tune in to where I wanted it. I thought I had it tuned in correctly but as some people have already pointed out, the reception was really poor. This may have been due to the iTrip going past your station and onto the next on the list thus not putting out the most powerful signal. Pausing the station and watching the lights, combined with the static going on the radio seems the most foolproof way of checking that everything is as it should be - it works for me anyhow.

My intention is to find maybe 3 or 4 frequencies that work well, store them as car presets and delete all but those from my iTunes library so I can easily change the frequencies if I start getting local radio station interference.

Good luck

simon

3. Mr 928

Mr 928

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon,
    Many thanks for the info. Will have a play this weekend and let you know how I get on.

Awesome bit of kit though is the iPod. Wish I'd bought one sooner......

Gary

4. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    Seen this one though ?? neat device that recharges as well !!

Will be in the UK in Jan at around £65 or so I've heard ...

also available at ... http://www.everythingipod.com/

Attached Files: