1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTrip Alternatives - for HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GTSkater, Jul 29, 2005.

1. GTSkater

GTSkater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I would like to use my NW-HD5 with a mini-system I have. Can YOU please recommend an alternative to the iTrip that would be suitable for the NW-HD5. I am aware of the Sony FM transmitter, unfortunately it is only designed for in-car use (powered by cigarette lighter).

Your comments/recommendations/guidance/advice would be appreciated.

THANKS!

George

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search eBay - got a £10 Ross FM transmitter that takes 2 x AAA batteries and works just fine through a HiFi.

3. GTSkater

GTSkater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey! Thanks. I've had a look on eBay and found a few options. I would really like something that will fit smoothly on to the top of the HD5 and look 'right'. Like an iTrip does on an iPod.

I have a feeling that this may be a fruitless quest!

4. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    Is there an auxillary input on your Mini system. That would give much better quality sound.

5. GTSkater

GTSkater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No there isn't. No aux in, no line-in, not even a tape drive! It's a basic Radio/CD system which is perfect for my needs. I just want a decent FM transmitter for use with this and for occassional use around the house/garden.

6. caaralagueva

caaralagueva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the Digiana Audia FM transmitter, costs £29. Very good transmission and has a digital tuner which makes it easier to manage tuning it in with your hifi/car radio etc.. I'm using it with my NW-HD5.

7. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    Try the belkin tunecast 2. That's meant to be pretty good.

8. joora

joora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    maybe a bit off topic, but are there any accessories made specially for HD5 (apart from few cases and the sony FM tuner), or that suit HD5 perfectly.
    Does the player really have such low popularity that no 3rd party manufacturers nor sony want to make accessories for it?

pardon the lame english :)

9. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pretty much nobody cares about the HD5 because its so crap. It has a few good features but If I were 3rd party i wouldnt be making things for it, not with sonys attitude towards quality and adjustability.
    Even if there are accessories, good luck getting hold of them. What happened to the rumour that there was going to be a million accessories released for it? There are a few 3rd party such as cases and stuff (the case will be more precious than what it is protecting, when you drop it it wont be like, "oh no my HD5!", it will be "OH no my case!!")

That sucks not having a cassette in your car, it would be ok if you had line in though. FM gets interference.

10. Jeggerz

Jeggerz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been looking for a similar thing myself, but without luck.

Sasso - when you say crap, what do you mean ? It's the best mp3 player I've used, from the old Nomad Jukebox, Archos, HD3, various Ipae to this - unless it's hardly sold, I'd have thought accessories would be more plentiful than they seem to be.

Does anyone know what the sales figures were for the HD5 ? Were they *really* that bad ?