Itrader feedback

StigsWife

Banned
Hi there,

I was just wondering is it just me or does everyone else get annoyed when people dont leave you feedback?

I have sold and bought quite a few things on here and havent recieved any feedback.

Jay

Banned
Hi there,

I was just wondering is it just me or does everyone else get annoyed when people dont leave you feedback?

I have sold and bought quite a few things on here and havent recieved any feedback.

Yes it can be irritating, it's courtesy to return the feedback in my opinion if someone leaves you feedback.

Some people have been known to not leave feedback once they have built up a reasonable amount as they take the approach that they have theirs now so it don't matter.

The thing is if everyone takes that approach no one would have feedback.

Some also give the excuse that they think some who don't leave feedback is because they don't know how, now in my opinion if you wanted to leave feedback and wasn't sure of how to do it you would ask someone be it the other trader or a mod.

I think some people just can't be bothered.

I have done loads of trades where people haven't left me feedback, I now won't deal with someone that has a big list of feedback received and no feedback left for others.

I've actually seen people with high amounts of feedback but only a couple left for others.

Fair enough people can be busy but it doesn't take that long to leave a little feedback.

edit: just noticed you've received three and left three trader ratings?? So it's not like you've left feedback and it hasn't been returned, you're not leaving feedback either then?

If you and everyone else waits for the other person to leave feedback first no ones gonna leave any feedback because both people will just be waiting for the other person to make the first move.

Last edited:

StigsWife

Banned
Yes it can be irritating, it's courtesy to return the feedback in my opinion if someone leaves you feedback.

Some people have been known to not leave feedback once they have built up a reasonable amount as they take the approach that they have theirs now so it don't matter.

The thing is if everyone takes that approach no one would have feedback.

Some also give the excuse that they think some who don't leave feedback is because they don't know how, now in my opinion if you wanted to leave feedback and wasn't sure of how to do it you would ask someone be it the other trader or a mod.

I think some people just can't be bothered.

I have done loads of trades where people haven't left me feedback, I now won't deal with someone that has a big list of feedback received and no feedback left for others.

I've actually seen people with high amounts of feedback but only a couple left for others.

Fair enough people can be busy but it doesn't take that long to leave a little feedback.

edit: just noticed you've received three and left three trader ratings?? So it's not like you've left feedback and it hasn't been returned, you're not leaving feedback either then?

If you and everyone else waits for the other person to leave feedback first no ones gonna leave any feedback because both people will just be waiting for the other person to make the first move.

I guess i could go leave fedback and see if i get any back but if your the one that buys something then surely that person should give feedback first seing as you paid them for the item first?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Hi there,

As a seller of some 8o idd items here on AVF, I try to make a point of leaving feedback as soon as I have received the payment. :)

I do wait for the payment to arrive, otherwise I could leave feedback and be subjected to the old "Sorry, I forgot to send it, I'll do it now/tomorrow" rubbish.

If you send and reply to PMs quickly and pay in the same way, then you will have positive feedback left before I have even posted the item, if not then you won't. :smashin:

Last edited:

Alty08

Prominent Member
I guess i could go leave fedback and see if i get any back but if your the one that buys something then surely that person should give feedback first seing as you paid them for the item first?

That`s the trouble, if everyone thought along the same lines as you say, then we get into the situation that Jay describes:

Personally if I`m the seller I leave feedback as soon as I can (once payment has arrived) and if I`m the buyer, as soon as the item arrives and am happy with it (no problems etc.... which I`ve never had any) if the other party chooses not to leave feedback then there`s not a lot I can do, only report my own experiences....

If you want some feedback from someone why not just send a polite reminder, I know that on at least one of my trades I`ve done, the seller hasn`t been on-line since so that could also be the reason.

StigsWife

Banned

right well ive left everyone who never left feedback some feedback so hopefully i will get some back.

Jay

Banned
right well ive left everyone who never left feedback some feedback so hopefully i will get some back.

When I leave feedback I normally allow a few days for it to be returned, I then send them a polite reminder.

It generally works, but if they don't leave me a trader rating I send them an abusive message :rotfl: (only joking :))

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
When I leave feedback I normally allow a few days for it to be returned, I then send them a polite reminder.

I've also sent similar messages, and have to admit that I have also forgot to leave feedback on occasions (if doing a few trades at once). However, a quick PM from the other members and it was soon sorted - it's easy to forget, just drop them a polite PM (and a link to the thread is usually handy).

However, if you've not left the feedback either, and are waiting for them to do it first... :rolleyes:

IronGiant

Hopefully the system here is a bit more transparent and less final than the disaster that is ebay, so you shouldn't be afraid of leaving feedback first. If you buy something and are happy with it leave feedback, if you're not happy it might be worth contacting a Mod.

Dave

kopchoir

Banned
Thanks for the thread reminded me i had a feedback to leave:D

Ian J

Banned

Give me some examples please as if people are receiving loads of feedback and leaving none then I'm sure I can find a way to make theirs disappear :)

Jay

Banned
Give me some examples please as if people are receiving loads of feedback and leaving none then I'm sure I can find a way to make theirs disappear :)

Here was an example I gave in a similar thread

LINK

I was given this reply

LINK

So before I name anyone else could you clarify if I can publicly name them or should I pm them to you.

Cheers

Another member on here who has a substantial trader rating take this lovely :rolleyes: approach to leaving trader ratings. Here's one of his posts:

When I had no trader ratings I always left feedback, but now I have a higher rating I don't see the point.

I don't know why you are getting so emotionally over such a trivial issue. :suicide:

Last edited:

IronGiant

PM would be better so it can be looked into and verified,

Thanks,

Dave

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
The majority of cases are fine but I agree with the principle of once you have received payment you leave positive feedback straight away. Its unfortunate that some people will wait for you to receive the goods and give them feedback before returning the compliment.

I always think that if I have paid someone immediately via paypal how can they not leave me positive feedback straight away??? Are they waiting to give me a revenge negative if for some reason I am not happy when the item arrives??

Jay

Banned
I always think that if I have paid someone immediately via paypal how can they not leave me positive feedback straight away??? Are they waiting to give me a revenge negative if for some reason I am not happy when the item arrives??

I think they generally take the approach of not wanting to leave you feedback unless you leave it first and are "worried" of giving and not receiving :rolleyes:

Steven

Senior Moderator
I just want to emphasise as in the feedback thread linked to, feedback is actively monitored. Anyone abusing the feedback system leaving retaliatory feedback or incorrect feedback will draw moderator attention

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I generally leave feedback once I know the buyer is happy, whether that be me or the other person. Can't say I've run in to any problems regarding feedback and both myself and the buyers/sellers I've dealt with have all been pretty prompt on the feedback front.

Grrrrrowler

Prominent Member

Interesting comment - and yes I do leave feedback by the way :smashin: - so are we saying that leaving feedback is almost compulsory?

If so why not change the system (and rules) to make it a requirement rather than optional?

Also if you made it easier to leave feedback, more people would do it.

I made a point of doing it but tbh it was such a ballache I can understand why some people give up...it really wasn't simple to do at all - took me a while

Jay

Banned
Interesting comment - and yes I do leave feedback by the way :smashin: - so are we saying that leaving feedback is almost compulsory?

If so why not change the system (and rules) to make it a requirement rather than optional?

Also if you made it easier to leave feedback, more people would do it.

I made a point of doing it but tbh it was such a ballache I can understand why some people give up...it really wasn't simple to do at all - took me a while

I think it's more the case that when someone leaves no feedback at all despite receiving feedback then something can and will be done.

I've seen quite a few that will have a large amount of feedback but not left a single bit for one person.

In my opinion I think that's inexcusable.

Don't get me wrong I ain't having a nervous breakdown or sleepless nights over it, but I find it courtesy to leave feedback and it benefits everyone.

Imagine if you left feedback for every trade you done and not one person would have left you one, would that be ok?

A trader rating helps to show people what sort of trader you are, my trader rating is excellent, I don't mean only quantity I mean the actual ratings left (what people say) and because of my feedback I find I can sell things quicker as people are comfortable in dealing with me.

If no one left me any feedback then it would make selling or buying that little bit harder.

Ian J

Banned

Not at all but if if someone doesn't bother on a regular basis to leave feedback I am happy to ask him if he doesn't believe in the feedback system and if that is the case I will equally happily make sure that he doesn't benefit from something that he doesn't believe in.

kopchoir

Banned
I think they generally take the approach of not wanting to leave you feedback unless you leave it first and are "worried" of giving and not receiving :rolleyes:

sometimes if you have sold multiple items on one thread its easier to keep a track of things when the buyer has left you feedback, so you know its been recieved thats how i have been doing it now, especially bank transfers as well can take up to to a few days so you tend to forget to leave feedback when the payment has cleared

I know its one of your pet hates mate and winds you up something rotten it works the other way IMO to i know you should leave feedback straight away after recieving payment but if you are a regular trader then you forget about deals i know i do all the time its only when you get an itrader feedback that it reminds me

kopchoir

Banned
Not at all but if if someone doesn't bother on a regular basis to leave feedback I am happy to ask him if he doesn't believe in the feedback system and if that is the case I will equally happily make sure that he doesn't benefit from something that he doesn't believe in.

Could also issue trading bans on people who abuse the system they will soon start leaving feedback;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom