iTouch screen question / problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Rattty, Sep 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rattty

Rattty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think my 16gb iTouch may have the screen problem report on several Apple forms (see links below):

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1131324

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ouch_players_shipped_with_faulty_screens.html

The problem appears to be when playing movies / video with dark scenes where the black areas are hard to distinguish and exhibit a sort of negative effect. The problem shows up quite badly with the Miami Vice movie particularly at the beginning night club scenes. Otherwise the screen works well for the other applications.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I am contemplating returning the iTouch to the Apple store (I bought this in Regent street but does anyone know if I can return to anther store nearer home?).

I would be interested to hear anyone else's comment / experiences before going back to Apple.

2. istanbul05

istanbul05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Hi there, i think my iPod also has this issue, but on mine it really is not a major problem. It's barley noticable, and if i hadn't have read about it, i probably wouldn't have noticed it! I certainly won't be returning mine because of it. I have read there could be different types of the 'problem' with some being seriously affected to the extent which a video is no longer watchable. So i think i have been quite lucky.

If your problem is more serious and really bothers you then you should be able to return it to any Apple store. I've heard they may try and force you to pay a 10% restocking fee, but if you stand your ground and insist there is a problem then they should give you your money back or offer you an exchange.

3. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,518
  4. Rattty

Rattty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I spoke with my local Apple store today, they acknowledged the screen issue, said it was a batch problem and will exchange mine. Only thing is that they have no stock.....:(