It Works!! Multi Region Denon DVD-3800 firmware!

The lock ups are my biggest problem now...I had problems previously with Gladiator (the freezing always tends to be around the 80 minute mark (not during the layer change either). It's really strange though...Star Wars AOTC (R1) and Spiderman played right through faultlessley, and so did the first disc of the LOTR Extended Edition...however, the second disc wouldn't quit stopping and starting from the scenes in Lothlorien right through to the end. I had alot of friends round with high expectations from this showing...needless to say I was as embarrased as I was disappointed with Denon.

I'm still waiting for my player and this is concerning me!

One question, is it only discs with DTS that lock up??

Cheers

Cheers

Maybe by the time mine finally turns up (been on order for 6 weeks now...), the software will be sorted.

Doesn't seem like everyone is getting this problem though, so could it be a batch?

Very positive discussions and relayed with real vigour . The Testing is going well and the end of this month i believe i will be in the possesion of a 3800 sorted with full manufacturer warranty.

Its looking very positive guys will keep u posted will chase again next tuesday to ensure there are no hitches with the schedule.

fimware numbers collecters get ready !!!!

Very positive discussions and relayed with real vigour . The Testing is going well and the end of this month i believe i will be in the possesion of a 3800 sorted with full manufacturer warranty.

Its looking very positive guys will keep u posted will chase again next tuesday to ensure there are no hitches with the schedule.

fimware numbers collecters get ready !!!!

Just to say that after a couple of months use I still have seen no problems at all with my August build, retailer upgraded, multiregion, PAL progressive and fully guaranteed 3800.

Am delighted with the machine. :D

But does it still have the chroma bug?

Nope, not so as you'd notice. I think I posted all those details earlier in this thread - all the usual test DVD come up fine, no evidence of any problems. However I do see a slight problem with Beauty and the Beast R1 on Gaston's red shirt, but evidence in the US forums seems to point to quite a few problems with this disc so I'm not sure it's the player wholly at fault here.

Basically the machine is superb, and I probably will upgrade to whatever official firmware Denon push as my dealer has been told that it will further improve picture quality. What I am getting at is that there are dealers selling prefectly fantastic MR, PAL-P, chroma bug free machines *now*, and they are fully honouring the 2yr warranty. Why wait if you can get one of these?

Mine is the same , Ive played dozens of movies on it now with no problems at all , pal progressive works perfectly , as for the chroma bug , havnt noticed it at all , would anyone if it wasnt pointed out too them?

Hello,
I'm a newbie to the forum, and recently purchased a Denon DVD 3800BD here in Germany. I'm interested in the region free firmware update. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Best regards,
Michael Dawson

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom