It was 4 years ago today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by emporer, Feb 24, 2013.

1. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    4 years ago to the day was the day i'll never get over, our little boys diagnosis of an awful genetic condition called Menkes disease, Owen was only 2.5 yrs and they told us he probably wouldn't see his 3rd birthday, I can still picture just sitting there in the little room and looking over to Owen who was just happily smiling away like he always does.

Well, 4 years later and Owen is still strong and kicking Menkes butt, he's had lots of issues and came very close to death in late 2010, there have been a few times when we've had the end of life talks with various docs and consultants, but we don't pay much attention to that, Owen has proven so many of these guys wrong time and time again.

I must thank everyone involved in the fantastic fundraising effort that took place just after we had the diagnosis, it really was very special indeed and we had a dream holiday to Disneyland Paris just after Owen's 3rd birthday that year.

Owen has proved most docs wrong, he's such a fighter and this year he will turn 7 !! We are taking him to Disneyland Paris for a 4th time and he will have his 7th birthday while we are there and we have arranged a party at Cafe Mickey for him, he will love it, we are also taking Owen to see Blackpool circus this summer, it's something we've been wanting to do for years but never got around to it, pretty sure he'll love it.

Just thought i'd share as it's been on my mind today.