It Takes Two Review & Comments

Pikkab

Novice Member
It Takes Two is just a couple of steps away from being a perfect cooperative game. Although the story ends in a great way, and its second and third acts are wonderful, the first hours are quite boring and simple. The gameplay is in constant motion and presents us with interesting ideas that may be to the liking of the two people who experience this adventure, but there are times when it is clearly seen that a player can have a better time, and the change in mechanics shows a Something simple level design that almost never manages to exploit its full potential.

almightygoodgod

I picked this up to play with my son, he's seven years old and has found it a little challenging but together we've been able to work through everything so far. Really enjoy playing this with him, only downside so far is it is too difficult for my other, younger, son who is getting a bit jealous watching us play.

Paulleahey

Playing this with my 13yr old daughter and we’re both loving it! Great if at times depressing story lol but engrossing! Can’t wait to get on it again tomorrow!

Rev0Knuckle

Standard Member
Playing through this with my wife at the moment. What a brilliant game. The co-op element is so well thought out and the team have stepped it up a notch since their last (also great) game 'A Way Out'. It's a bit of a bargain at £31 on Xbox too, if you're a game pass subscriber. Highly recommended.

abr1

Sounds tempting - not enough good couch co-op games around in my book, and not sure any have bested Portal 2 yet...
PS It Takes Two is currently £28 from boss_deals on ebay using 15% off code

Rev0Knuckle

Standard Member
Sounds tempting - not enough good couch co-op games around in my book, and not sure any have bested Portal 2 yet...
PS It Takes Two is currently £28 from boss_deals on ebay using 15% off code
Snap it up at that price! We finished it last night and are a bit gutted it's over. If you liked Portal 2 I'd put money on you enjoying It Takes Two as well. I just hope the game does well enough to show EA that there is a market for such games because -as you rightly say- there are very few couch co-op's.

Paulleahey

Snap it up at that price! We finished it last night and are a bit gutted it's over. If you liked Portal 2 I'd put money on you enjoying It Takes Two as well. I just hope the game does well enough to show EA that there is a market for such games because -as you rightly say- there are very few couch co-op's.
We've missed a few of the mini games so looking forward to re-playing it when daughter and I finish it probably this week

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom