IT Qualifications

Flash80

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of getting some IT qualifications that would help me to get some sort of IT support job. I am quite computer literate and done a HNC in IT years ago. Ideally i would like to study at home as i work full time and my employer won't allow me time off.

What qualifications could i do that would be of interest to prospective employers.

Last edited:
Working in the IT industry, i'd advise against it at the moment, there are people with degree's/masters jobless!.
I work at a school as an it tech and i only have a BTEC level 2 and 3 in IT Practioning to my name, but the other team members like my honesty/experience and chose me over people with better quals.

Im coming up to 2 years in feb being there!.

Not wanted to discourage you, but two things you should be aware of

(i) The IT market is shockingly over supplied at the moment - many many more qualified and experienced people on the market then their are jobs

(ii) Unless being recruited onto a graduate scheme, an employer would be looking for experience to back up the qualifications. I appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere but unfortunately, there are enough experienced people on the market that employers can afford to take this approach.

Cheers,

Nigel

Run a search on the same subject and see the reviews from here from the past few months. Same old advice, don't bother unless you find a niche subject like online peadophilia hunting (3 year uni course)..

BB

IT support is dead at the moment, it's all generic standarised machines, ghost image, remote IT support...so hardly any need for on site IT techs anymore :-( sucks and PC's are so cheap don't repair them just send the whole base unit back to offsite IT repair departments/companies (contacted) and sent back.

Most things are screwed in this county, ditto all the comments above

thanks for the replys guys, guess its back to the drawing board

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom