It Only Gets Worse

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by willygbr, Mar 22, 2006.

1. willygbr

willygbr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

From previous post and responses am now at the point of despair!! Am a big fan of the Mordaunt Short speakers and woofer I have. Carrying on with some more investigations I have narrowed down to two choices.

MS 902i - can get for £120 free delivery

or

MS 904i - £200 free delivery

Looked at 906i's but they are £250 and in all honesty beyond my budget. Its pay day on Friday so need to choose by then. Have no way of a demo as no one around here stocks them. Anyone listened to these two and being a newbie any advice would be much appreciated. Are floorstanders better than bookselves?? Never owned a pair before.

Cheers,
    Iain

2. willygbr

willygbr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone???? Pay day tomorrow!!!!!!!

:lease:

3. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,390
    Get the best you can afford otherwise you will regret it later. In a couple of years time you will have forgotten the price.
    Nobody tells their mates " yeah, their not quite as good, but I saved enough for a takeaway"
    Generally speaking floorstanders should perform better than bookshelves just because of the stability and increased volume of air they can shift.
    This is not always the case, but is usually true of speakers from the same manufacturer.
    Good luck.

4. willygbr

willygbr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TY Steve N will go with what I can afford so maybe 904i's would be best.