It keep getting better!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by pete s, Mar 12, 2006.

1. pete s

pete s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I've had my Panasonic TH-37PV500 for just two weeks now, but in that time it has become noticealy better in terms of picture quality.

As soon as it was out of the box the 'Dynamic' mode was promptly turned off on all sources. I am currently using 'Normal' mode, with the brightness and contrast set at around 40%.

Admittedly these settings do make the picture appear a bit dark at times, but the quality of picture is definately getting better and better. Freeview never will be perfect and I have experienced some colour banding, but it is a whole lot better than I was expecting. As for DVD's via the beautiful secondhand Pioneer DV 939-A (thanks Steve.EX), they are simply stunning.

Certainly not regretting taking the plunge. Now looking forward to the second installment of the stunning 'Planet Earth' tonight! :D

2. Dom996

Dom996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Running in is common to all performance kit. The phosphur pixels need a bit of natural decay, power supplies warm up, basically everything loosens up and beds in. I've seen this on every decent display that I've dealt with.

3. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Be careful, my wife just had to save our pwd7 from our cat which went for the screen when the leopards were on :eek: