It is safer to buy a 28" instead of 32" ?

drphibes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just been browing these forums and I have come to the conclusion that virtually all 32 inch tvs have some problems.
I am at present about to send back my 2nd Thomson 32 inch set and will be recieving a refund on this.

I have one question , do you have a better chance of getting a better picture if you choose a 28 inch set instead of the larger 32 ? and also is it better to stay clear of 100 hz and just go for the standard 50hz?

I used to own a 50 hz 28 inch Jvc widescreen tv and that did not suffer from any colour stains etc.

Please help a very confused man:confused:

Drphibes
ps I own a pioneer 737 dvd player that is capable of progressive scan.
Are there any good 28 inch sets that would be able to take advantage of this feture of the player?

There is no real difference in the reliability of 28" and 32" sets. In fact most manufacturers use the same chassis in both sizes with circuit adjustments to match the different CRTs. I suspect the reason that more people report problems with 32" sets is that it is easier to see the various 100Hz side effects because of the larger picture and because they would have paid more for the set and consequently expect better performance. In answer to your 50Hz vs 100Hz question, the only answer is to get an extended demo. Some people (like me) absolutely hate the side effects of 100Hz processing, other people can't even see them. As you already have experience of JVC, try to get a side by side comparison of the AV-28R25 (50Hz) and AV-28X25 (100Hz) to see what you prefer. There are of course 32" models of both sets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom