Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

It finally arrived

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by twotonemark, Aug 6, 2003.

1. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WAS HAPPY YESTERDAY UNTIL WE TURNED IT ON!!! SEE MY SECOND POST FURTHER DOWN.

ANY TOSHIBA OWNERS OUT THERE HAD ANY SIMILAR PROBLEMS PLEASE ADD YOUR EXPEREINCE.

Been waiting weeks and weeks for our new tv to arrive from EmpireDirect and it came today
    Toshiba 28zh36
    It is so nice looking in the flesh compared to the photo in the newest ARGOS catalogue.

So cool because we have the home cinema kit about 3 weeks now using my old Amstrad 28" tv with a really bad picture. Was going to the gym tonight but I think I'll stay home and stick a couple of movies on:D

Happy rant over now.:zonked:

Bye:hiya:

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    a 28" 4:3 TV - are you sure?

3. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: The screen in the top right is somehow distorted. When daylight is shining on it you can see its not a flat smooth...but you can't tell by touching it just by looking.

Also the tv makes a loud buzzing noise and when you have the volume low the buzzing noise drives you crazy.

Any other newbie Toshiba owners out there with similar experience. Does your set buzz??

Rang EmpireDirect they're sending an engineer out within 48 hours. If its a fault they'll replace it straight away as its within the first month of purchase. But said they'll charge £47.50 if the engineer can't find a fault/if the aerial is not in properly or misuse of the remote control.

So disappointed after been told Toshiba where up there in the quality stakes.:thumbsdow