It Chapter Two Review & Comments

I watched this at the weekend. I couldn't wait for it to finish. For me, it was not scary, it was silly and laughable in many places (where you shouldn't be laughing). Way too long. I realise many have enjoyed it, but I won't be watching again.

IT's (see what I did there...) unlikely to feature in my top 10 for the year. Was it scary? Not really. I've been more scared by Dr Who (that Jon Pertwee one with the maggots terrified me as a kid, and the more recent one with the gas masks... shudder), but I'm not a horror fan, so that didn't really bother me. Was it over-long? yeah, but I wasn't looking at my watch. With a big ensemble cast, it's bound to go long if you want to give everyone a fair crack of the whip. Is Jessica Chastain still hot? Absolutely! Did I like the flashbacks? No. It felt like "we just thought of this cool plot twist, so we better put in a flashback to make it look like it was there all along". Did they kill IT in the end? Dunno, I had to pee. But it probably depends more on box office returns than plot. (Chapter 3: "ITS"...?) Did it move me to read the book? No. Will I buy the blu ray? Umm... if the iTunes download is 4k, and the extras are decent, and it gets a good discount, maybe. For completeness, you understand.

"I.T. Chapter 2: Georgieeeee turn it off and on agaaaain..." 6/10

IT's (see what I did there...) unlikely to feature in my top 10 for the year. Was it scary? Not really. I've been more scared by Dr Who (that Jon Pertwee one with the maggots terrified me as a kid, and the more recent one with the gas masks... shudder), but I'm not a horror fan, so that didn't really bother me. Was it over-long? yeah, but I wasn't looking at my watch. With a big ensemble cast, it's bound to go long if you want to give everyone a fair crack of the whip. Is Jessica Chastain still hot? Absolutely! Did I like the flashbacks? No. It felt like "we just thought of this cool plot twist, so we better put in a flashback to make it look like it was there all along". Did they kill IT in the end? Dunno, I had to pee. But it probably depends more on box office returns than plot. (Chapter 3: "ITS"...?) Did it move me to read the book? No. Will I buy the blu ray? Umm... if the iTunes download is 4k, and the extras are decent, and it gets a good discount, maybe. For completeness, you understand.

"I.T. Chapter 2: Georgieeeee turn it off and on agaaaain..." 6/10
If you want to experience the story as it was supposed to be told, read the book. It's superb.

I don't understand this constant criticism with film adaptations of popular books doing things a little differently. What's the point of translating the book from page to page?? A film is a different creative medium, surely you expected them to be a bit more ambitious than just simply adapting page for page a book that's already had a famous television adaptation?

I don't understand this constant criticism with film adaptations of popular books doing things a little differently. What's the point of translating the book from page to page?? A film is a different creative medium, surely you expected them to be a bit more ambitious than just simply adapting page for page a book that's already had a famous television adaptation?
That’s fine when it achieves something on par or better but when it falls as short as this film did you have to question the filmmakers decisions. Part 1 strayed from the book a fair way too but in a way that was interesting and and clever.

What approach would you have liked them to take after chapter 1?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom