It Chapter Two 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Totally agree with your comments about the prologue Cas, absolutely unnecessary and sits really uncomfortably.

I was looking forward to this so much I pre-ordered the U.S. version.

My thoughts:
Solid cast, very convincing as the grown-up versions of the kids.
As you mentioned, superb sound.
Visuals.... hmmm. Really good in general but some really dodgy CGI in places...
the various incarnations (of which there are way too many) of "IT" are really badly done, laughable in places.

I'd read reports of it feeling "unfinished" but it didn't seem that way at all to me.

Oh yes! Thanks cas. I’ve been looking forward to this. Thinking wither to rent or buy! Unless there is competition on this one too? 😉

Oh yes! Thanks cas. I’ve been looking forward to this. Thinking wither to rent or buy! Unless there is competition on this one too? 😉

Yes, but only on Blu-ray. I’ll get it live shortly.

Thanks yet again for the review Cas. Another one in my watch list. Got to be in the mood for this. Hopefully not to much dust on it by the time I get to watch.

How do you watch all this stuff? I'm going to have to give up work. Lol.

Only film that scares me,idk why but it hits "that" nerve lol

Great writeup!

Thanks Cas. I will pick the 4k up tomorrow when i finish work. I'm a huge fan of the original " Tim Curry" version.

Didn't get to see this at the cinema, but really looking forward to this on the projector at home, along with the Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

Oh what a beautiful bonus this is.

Big fan of the first chapter. Due to my old man being very poorly I never got to the cinema for this final chapter.

Had completely forgotten about it, and now suddenly it's out tomorrow!

I really liked this, better than the negative reviews given by some.
Brought the 4k version from here and enjoyed the Atmos and the vivid colors on display.
I would watch it again, the kitchen scene is freaky :)
Good 7.5/10 from me.

Weak part is, it seems they could not decide on the ending.

Thanks Cas,

Been looking forward to this, The first part was better than expected, Glad to hear they got it about right for part 2 :)

The actors in the original "TV" version were absolutely spot on, Such a fantastic cast. That was my main worry for a remake, It is hard enough getting one cast right let alone two!

Will be grabbing on itunes in 4K shortly :)

Thoroughly enjoyed
PQ is basically the same as the first, bass is ridiculous. Don't think the neighbours were to happy.

I have to say I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I wasn't all that impressed with its predecessor, but the striking visual effects and excellent homages tugged me through what was ultimately an enjoyable ride. But yeah, boy it's long.

like others i was expecting it to not be great due to negative reviews but i enjoyed it, i didn't like the usual token gay character again, pointless imo they should have just had it as a normal couple as it was always going to be a talking point otherwise.

i enjoyed both the films, i also liked the 80's version which i have on blu-ray too, i did like the part in chapter 2 where -
got his old bike from the shop which took me back to the 80's version which he used to get his his wife out of the spell from the dead lights she saw
- nice cameo too from a certain person as well.

loved the bonus disc on all of the films as well as it gave a good insight into the story and locations and the overall feel for the film and it's characters.

8/10 i think is fair.

I do understand that others have found this a disapointment, however I really enjoyed it though the time lines did confuse me a bit with the different time lines etc. that and some parts which are in the book which would have helped the film along rather than spending a lot of time what happened next and a bit too jokey sometimes which distracted from the horror.
I watched the first one before II Chapter 2 and that helps. I agree with Cas it's one of those films that is worth watching back to back as I believe it gains from doing this.....

i didn't like the usual token gay character again, pointless imo they should have just had it as a normal couple as it was always going to be a talking point otherwise.

I strongly object to this sort of commentary. You're entitled to think what you like, of course, but this is bigotry, thinly veiled behind a stab at making it sound like harmless opining. You know, across society there are all sorts of people, some gay, some straight, some black, some white, some male, some female. Picking out a particular group of people, saying they're not "normal" – which among us humans homosexuality absolutely is – as a point to criticise a film is homophobia, plain and simple.

And honestly, I've been toying about whether to say something or not. I'm not trying to start a fight, but some of my best friends are gay and since they're not here to stick up for themselves, I will. I just don't think this sort of commentary has any place on this forum, even if you object to the existence of gay people in a movie you otherwise liked.

I strongly object to this sort of commentary. You're entitled to think what you like, of course, but this is bigotry, thinly veiled behind a stab at making it sound like harmless opining. You know, across society there are all sorts of people, some gay, some straight, some black, some white, some male, some female. Picking out a particular group of people, saying they're not "normal" – which among us humans homosexuality absolutely is – as a point to criticise a film is homophobia, plain and simple.

And honestly, I've been toying about whether to say something or not. I'm not trying to start a fight, but some of my best friends are gay and since they're not here to stick up for themselves, I will. I just don't think this sort of commentary has any place on this forum, even if you object to the existence of gay people in a movie you otherwise liked.

im not talking about it like that, i have no problem with people being gay, i was explaining that it was always going to be a talking point because when roles like this are created they just seem to be to fill in that role as a gesture rather than because it's a planned role, i have no issue over the scene and i meant no offence by it but if it did then i apologise.

in fact i thought that role may have been taken up by a certain member of the the 7 as it was highlighted in the original 80's version.

Only film that scares me,idk why but it hits "that" nerve lol

Great writeup!

the actor who plays pennywise creeps me out, i watched the bonus disc and it shows him doing screen tests without make up and he's really creepy just like that.

Terrible movie they forgot the first two letters at the beginning of the name of this movie S h
When the Clown opens its mouth its so Cartoon like, effects are so Pants, its Laughable
Its about time they learnt that Less is More with CGi effects
It is one of those movies where it comes down to
"The lights are on but Mr Brain departed long ago"

Last edited:
7/10 feels about right for this film. Quite enjoyable but far, far too long and the CG 'scares' became incredibly silly.

As far as i'm concerned this film is more of a comedy, not a horror. Even though it managed to steal from some of the all time greats...(The Thing, The Omen 2).

the omen 2, all time greats? :laugh:

Maybe he meant The Omen, too.:D

im not talking about it like that, i have no problem with people being gay, i was explaining that it was always going to be a talking point because when roles like this are created they just seem to be to fill in that role as a gesture rather than because it's a planned role, i have no issue over the scene and i meant no offence by it but if it did then i apologise.

I seem to remember this scene being in the book so it's definitely not a 'gesture'. To me, it was a signal that Pennywise had returned in much the same way Georgie's death in Chapter 1 signaled his arrival. I would suggest it demonstrates how Pennywise contributes to and reflects the bigotry In Derry.

The film itself is enjoyable enough although it's nowhere near as good as the first. I wouldn't necessarily put that on the film though because it's pretty faithful to the source material.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom