Issues with surround sound from all speakers when watching via windows 10

Azzz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this so my apologies in advance.

Here is my issue
Setup: Denon AVR X3500
Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver 5.1
Source: Windows 10 PC

Issue: I can only hear from L/R front speakers when listening to music/YouTube via PC. It worked when I first had my setup, so I am not sure if I have done some updates / accidently changed a setting but I have tried to troubleshoot this to no luck.

What I have done to troubleshoot this:
Playing through just AVR alone = all speakers playing 5.1
Using a Blue ray with surround sound audio via windows 10 pc = all speakers playing
Using generic music/youtube via windows 10 = just front L/R speakers playing,
If I toggle the windows 10 speaker setting and select 5.1, and test this, the pings play in all of the speakers correctly, however this does not extend to music/youtube which remain only playing in front L/R speaker.
If I toggle the windows 10 speaker setting to stereo and test this, it will only play in front L/R speaker, and again only front L/R speaker when going on music/youtube under this setting.
I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling windows 10 drivers, even installed a new hard drive with fresh windows 10, no luck, so I am thinking possible I have switched something off on the AVR side?

I can't think of anything else as I have established, the AVR, cables, speaker all work. And that windows 10 has no problem sending 5.1 audio from a blue ray movie to the speakers via the AVR. I just cant get all the speakers to play audio when watching youtube/music when it did originally. I am aware it wont be 5.1, I just want to be able to use all my speakers for this purpose.

Can anyone please help me, any troubleshooting advice I will act upon immediately and get back to you.

You Tube is stereo only.
"Iam aware it wont be 5.1, I just want to be able to use all my speakers for this purpose."
". It worked when I first had my setup"

I don't mean to play 5.1 from a source that is not 5.1, but just hear the YouTube audio (stereo) from all of my 5.1 speakers which I initially could do.

Use the green button on your remote scroll and selected either Dolby Surround or All Channel Stereo.

Use the green button on your remote scroll and selected either Dolby Surround or All Channel Stereo.

Hi thank you so much,

I found the "all channel stereo" under options, the only green button I had was eco or movie. No I can listen to my computers audio using all speakers, cheers!.

Also, if I am playing a surround sound capable blu ray via my pc, do I need to switch the "all channel stereo off" I assume this would be the case but I thought I would check that with you.

Yes, disengage the ALL CH STEREO mode and select the duscrete format from the same MOVIE menu if and when wanting to listen to the discrete surround soundtrack rather than the results of using the MULTI CHANNEL STEREO processing.

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.
Yes, disengage the ALL CH STEREO mode and select the duscrete format from the same MOVIE menu if and when wanting to listen to the discrete surround soundtrack rather than the results of using the MULTI CHANNEL STEREO processing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom