Issues with softatlantic / softwarediscountzone

5h4Nk21

Standard Member
Yeah, emailed them when i got the package. waiting on a reply, i told them i would be posting the response on this website. i don't really expect a reply because my email was a bit nasty. lol was ****** when writing it.

do you know if this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Yeah, emailed them when i got the package. waiting on a reply, i told them i would be posting the response on this website. i don't really expect a reply because my email was a bit nasty. lol was ****** when writing it?
Microsoft has no obligation at all to replace pirate software with real versions, so sending them a 'nasty' email was probably not a great idea.

5h4Nk21

Standard Member
i didn't do it to get a replacement, i did it to blow off steam(after a 10-12 week wait). they shouldn't have a policy on the website and not follow it when they deal with customers, the policy is like for like(which is amazing, if they keep to it). i didn't say they had any obligation to replace the software, just keep your word or dont give it.

miral78uk

Standard Member
OK NEWS! I sent my windows 7 pro to microsoft and they said it was a pirate copy but will not give me a new copy of windows 7 pro. They did however offer me either XP pro or Vista business. So I took business.
I have my money back as well so thats good.

I guess I should buy a windows 7 Pro (legit) upgrade as I already have vista home priemem and a new copy of vista business.

I understand why microsoft wont give copies of an brand new OS out and at least after 4 months I am money back and one free copy of windows.

Thanks MS:smashin:

Inquisitor86

Standard Member
Damn, so its seems I am not alone in my headache when I discovered I have been ripped off with buying a fake windows product from this damn company. Good to hear you got your money back mistral! Any advice you can give on what steps you took to get your money back? Contact bank/microsoft/trading standards/consumer direct?

I guess I'll just try them all in turn and see where I get. I paid by credit card so I guess there is a record of it somewhere. Anyhelp from anyone is more than welcome!

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Damn, so its seems I am not alone in my headache when I discovered I have been ripped off with buying a fake windows product from this damn company. Good to hear you got your money back mistral! Any advice you can give on what steps you took to get your money back? Contact bank/microsoft/trading standards/consumer direct?

I guess I'll just try them all in turn and see where I get. I paid by credit card so I guess there is a record of it somewhere. Anyhelp from anyone is more than welcome!
Sorry to hear you've been a victim. Which website did you buy from and what did you buy?

Report it to Microsoft using the form here. You might end up getting replacement software.

Try your credit card company/bank - this is the best way to finally get these scum closed down as the banks can refuse to take payment for them.

Try Trading Standards, although they haven't been much help so far!

Inquisitor86

Standard Member
Hello Stiggy, thanks for the fast reply! I bought Windows 7 Ultimate edition fromthe website Softretailer.com which no longer exists, but Globalsoft and United Soft are very similar in design and advertisement.

I sent the company a message via the email address I had from before when I was complaining about tracking problems. The site seemed fairly professional and sleek - which is why I bought the product in the first place. I got a reply from them (luckily) and they asked me to send the serial to them so they can look into it. Sounds dodgy to me but the serial is blocked by Micro$oft now so it isnt good to anyone right now.

My copy of Windows looked very genuine. It had all the logos and watermarks as featured on Microsofts website. Im just wondering now if its maybe the serial which has been cloned/copied to others without my knowledge or from the factory it came from? I think I'll try phoning Microsoft and see if they can perhaps issue me with another serial code? If that failed then I would fill in the form via the link you provided.

As for my bank, well Ill need to speak to them at some point and alert them to what has happened. Problem for me is that I paid for the product in February this year... meaning that 3 months have passed so Im unsure how much good my complaint will be... But If I remain positive then perhaps I;ll get somewhere.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
My copy of Windows looked very genuine. It had all the logos and watermarks as featured on Microsofts website. Im just wondering now if its maybe the serial which has been cloned/copied to others without my knowledge or from the factory it came from? I think I'll try phoning Microsoft and see if they can perhaps issue me with another serial code? If that failed then I would fill in the form via the link you provided.
There's no way MS will give you a new code like that. Fill in the form, send the media to Microsoft (it's a very good fake most likely) and hopefully they will replace it.

churchspotter

Standard Member
Looks like another clone is sunnysofts.com

I was scammed by bigsoftsale.com and hope this posting saves someone from a similar fate.

I searched for negative feedback before I purchased but it was before the complaints were picked up by the search engines.

Hello Stiggy, thanks for the fast reply! I bought Windows 7 Ultimate edition fromthe website Softretailer.com which no longer exists, but Globalsoft and United Soft are very similar in design and advertisement.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom